DH is no prince. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH is no prince. DH is no prince.

Unread 12-26-2001, 05:09 PM
Love, Prayers, and Thoughts with You!

I'm praying you'll check this site before you go to the hospital in the morning! Or even tonight yet if you're awake and can't sleep. I just read your note tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with you now, and will be with you tomorrow for your surgery. I read the other replies to your post - isn't this a wonderful place! (We'll have to work on getting a smiley that looks like a little piece of paradise!) All the women who post here are so supportive, compassionate and understanding, especially the hostesses! Please see this site and these women (me too I hope!) as a true God send that will help you get through your difficult times. Please let us all know how things go for you! I have surgery scheduled for January 10th, and I love reading how women did during the surgery, and are doing shortly after the surgery. Fear of the unknown can be horrible! Knowing so many others have gone through what you're facing, and their sharing of little details is wonderfully reassuring!

My prayers, thoughts, and best wishes are with you tonight, tomorrow, and for however long they will be helpful to you!

Peg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2001, 10:13 PM
Luisa

I'm so sorry for the situation you are in. I was in a similar situation when I had my tubes tied 13 years ago. I took the bus to the hospital, and my husband (common-law) at the time picked me up. He complained that he couldn't understand why I had the surgery done. (There was absolutely no way he would have a vasectomy.) And, after 14 years on the pill it was time to stop. So I booked the surgery and did it. He offered a little help when I got home with meals, but no housecleaning or laundry. It took a few years but I finally got rid of him. Hopefully you will find the strength after your surgery to do the same. Do you have a friend that you can stay with? It's amazing how they bail when we need their help but when they want something we have to drop everything. Anyway, I married last October the most wonderful man. He is very supportive of everything. My surgery is scheduled for late February, and he's already planned his time off. I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you'll pull through just fine. Then give him his walking papers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register