Scheduled LAVH counting down the days.am i doing the right thing?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

counting down the days.am i doing the right thing?? counting down the days.am i doing the right thing??

Unread 12-07-2011, 10:21 PM
counting down the days.am i doing the right thing??

Hello Ladies! I am counting down the days to the 15th for my scheduled LAVH. I have struggled soooo much with this decision and still don't know if I am making the right decision. It seems like the BCP has started helping the past month and my period was not bad at all this month and I have been feeling a quite a bit better. But, I did have a 2nd opinion just a couple weeks ago with my old GYN from many years ago who delivered both of my girls and also saved me when I had a tubal pregnancy that burst. He pretty much confirmed my Dr's recommendation of having the surgery. I almost want to have one more heavy period before next week just to make me feel like I am for sure doing the right thing! I am also stressing because I have tickets purchased to fly 3 weeks after my surgery to see a new grandbaby! I will be so devastated if I have to cancel that flight. I really appreciate this web site and all the help I have received from it! Thank you soooo much for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Re: counting down the days.am i doing the right thing??

I do not know anything about flying- I would double check about that. One year ago today I had the same procedure. As for your other doubts, I think that is normal.I Had fibroids and the BCP helped me for a while too. I got a second opinion, and a third, but I have no regrets. Just my opinion.
Check with doctor about flying. I could have flown three weeks out- by that time I was still tiring easily, and you can't lift anything over ten pounds.
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:26 PM

I had the same procedure on Nov. 18th. I also felt the exact same way you do prior to surgery. I wanted to be SURE I was making the right decision. However, after surgery I realized I did make the right decision. Even though I am minus uterus, tubes and ovaries, I know I did the right thing. I had fibroids and meds helped some. However, to me the benefits of the surgery outweighed the struggle of so much pain on almost a daily basis. Hope you have peace of mind and spirit over this soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 11:32 PM

Hi Wildcat,

I don't know your history or the reason you are considering a hysterectomy, but considering you're 52, I suspect your doctors don't expect menopause to correct the problem. If that's the case and your quality of life is affected, then perhaps this is the right solution.

BUT - Then again, you just recently started taking BCP's and as a result you are feeling much better. In that case, I would probably postpone surgery and see how it goes with the pills for a while first. Since you have waited this long, how would waiting a few weeks more hurt? Also, waiting will ensure that you are able to travel for the holidays. Just my 2 cents worth.

In the end, only you can decide what is right for you, with advice from your doctor. Take the time you need to be sure.
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:07 PM

thank you so much for your comments and suggestions! i really do appreciate all the help and support that I receive on this site! I have my pre-op appt. with my Dr. Fri. morning and I have a lot of questions still for her! I pray that I can find peace in my decision. will keep you posted!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register