Hormones? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Hormones?

I don't know where to post this question:

I came home from the hospital in such good spirits, and over the past couple of weeks, I have found myself crying for no apparent reason off and on. It is driving me crazy.

I am feeling better physically, but it is becoming a HUGE effort to even want to leave the house.

I left surgery with a hormone patch (no ovaries) and I have not had any hot flashes.

Then, there is the issue of weight. Since the birth of my son (10 years ago), I have struggled to keep weight off. During the past two years, I have felt so horrible, that I haven't been faithful with walking and pounds that I have worked so hard to get off, have crept back, plus more.

Now, I am hearing/reading that with a hormone patch, losing weight is an uphill battle that will not be won. Talk about discouraging. Makes me want to weep as I type. UGH!

Any honest feedback out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Re: Hormones?

Hi

If you continue to have emotions that are not getting better , then let the doctor know. Sometimes an adjustment in dosage may help. I was very emotional after my surgery and even went from the pill to the patch because the pill would not keep me balanced.

I don't think it is a losing battle with the weight gain, just a little harder. I found that going on a good healthy diet and exercise several times a week to be the key. I cut out junk food, sodas, sweets, fried foods, and fatty foods. I eat baked , grilled, broiled chicken, turkey, and fish,steam vegetables,and eat fresh fruits. You will feel better and keep your weight from creeping up if you eat in moderation.

Hang in there

Unread 12-12-2011, 11:40 AM

I'd love to see what replies you get-I too am so scared about not loosing and gaining weight while on hormones. Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM

I am newly on an estrogen patch - only 10 days. I have noticed less of an appetite, particularly for sweets and carbs (see my other post). I am actually hoping it is a result of the patch LOL and hope it continues.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register