Finally a good nights sleep! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally a good nights sleep! Finally a good nights sleep!

Unread 12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Finally a good nights sleep!

I've been having trouble sleeping the last 2 weeks as my surgery date is approaching. Doc gave me a lovely pill and slept through the night. Whoo hoo!!! I actually feel great and positive this morning. My last day of work today, and my weekend plans are to go out to eat with the Hubs, a movie with my sisters, an 8 mile run and clean the house! I think after this weekend, I'll be glad to get this over with and rest. I thank everyone who is sharing!!! You have no idea how much this helps. WAIT A MINUTE---YES YOU DO! Cyber hugs to you all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Re: Finally a good nights sleep!

I know where you are coming from!! I have been real edgy lately with all the what if's etc... I was assured that it would be fine and I should heal well etc... But still have my doubts from time to time. I noticed you are having LAVH? Mine is TAH since my uterus is over sized. Plus, I have several large fibroids that cause extra long and heavy periods. Not sure if they need to take my ovaries out? Hopfully I will be able to keep them. They are also filming my surgery to use in class for new doctors just learning how a hysterectomy is done. I will be knocked out so I felt like...Why not? At least my face won't be on camera lol.
Anyways...Good luck to you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((((Hugs))))
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:39 AM

I normally take melatonin to help me sleep. I had to stop taking it a week before surgery. On top of that my husband is living at work, literally. We own a store and have a Christmas tree lot out there right now so he is sleeping at the store. So far I'm doing ok, most likely because I started my last period which is always so exhausting for me.

Good luck on Monday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 11:08 PM

(((MaryJo))) I'm glad you were able to get some good sleep! I hope you're able to find time to do something special for yourself before Monday! I wish you the best and I'm sending good thougts!

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register