4 days to go, I think I'm ready. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days to go, I think I'm ready. 4 days to go, I think I'm ready.

Unread 12-09-2011, 03:29 PM
4 days to go, I think I'm ready.

I'm being lazy today. Just sort of organizing and stuff. I don't feel too well since my period had to get it's final attack in so it started a few days early. I guess it wasn't going to settle for a 2 day run before surgery.

The house is about as clean as it's going to get. I'm waiting until Monday to do a final clean on the bathroom and give the puppies their last bath for a while. I'll also do any last minute laundry and change the sheets. I also have Monday down for any final errands including notarizing the last of my paperwork just in case stuff.

I have to go to work all weekend. DH is going to have to cut wood since we're almost out and someone has to take care of the store while he's gone. That will give me some time to make sure a few paperworky things are done there.

My hospital list is small. I hate hospitals and plan on getting out as soon as I can. Toothbrush, toothpaste, chap stick, hand cream (I have really dry hands), a few pads in case I need them, shampoo, cream rinse, soap, comb, hair band and Ipod. I figure they will gown me and give me those socks. I was told not to bring any of my own meds or blood sugar meter.

Next to my bed is a basket with hand cream, lotion, Gasx, stool softener, glasses cleaner, prescriptions, and chapstick. I have a stack of dvds and books on the night table. Mirilax and MoM on the bathroom counter.

I need to go out to the barn and get the hospital bed table that is stored out there.

I'm defrosting some grated zucchini so I can make my long suffering DH some bread since I don't know when I'll feel like cooking again. I'm letting everyone else cook and do any cleaning and I'm just not going to worry about it.

Have I forgotten anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Re: 4 days to go, I think I'm ready.

Slippers you can slide your feet into to wear in the hospital so you don't have to bend to put them on? I'm going to take my own housecoat to the hospital because it's soft and comfy, but I'm planning on wearing the hospital gowns.

I'm wearing 'track' pants for the trip there and home. I bought a few pairs of pants like that in Walmart a couple of days ago. They're not really 'sweat pants' or 'yoga pants' per se, they're a bit nicer than that, and fuzzy with a sheen. They were all loose fitting, but one pair I deliberately bought a size larger than I would normally wear, just in case. Also, bigger panties than I would normally wear.
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM

I'm a week away, and trying to make sure stuff doesn't get over-scheduled next week. I want things calm and quiet and I want to stay healthy. I find I'm having to be quite firm about it. I told my husband emphatically that Dec 15 is not available. I want to spend a quiet day at home, doing or not doing whatever I want. I want to clean the house on Dec 14 because that is the last time certain things may get done for a while. I'm on a local committee planning an event for our town's centennial next summer, and they scheduled their first meeting for Dec 13. I was hesitant with the committee leader, told him I have major surgery for the 16th but I would try to make it. Today, as other things started crowding in, things that are actually more of a priority, I decided I am going to have to say no to something. I gathered up the material for the committee work, took it to one of the members' spouses (whom I was meeting today anyway about an unrelated matter) and said I am unavailable for the foreseeable future. When I told her why, she completely understood.

You sound very well organized, Whirlygig. Good luck with your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM

3 days away here and organizing everything. Good Luck
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM

LOL, totally not organized, just highly skilled in ignoring things. I'm nearly done raising 5 teens that originated in 3 separate households. My husband is severely ADHD. I decided I wasn't going to stress myself out and make myself sick, delay surgery which would be 4 months since it has to wait for my next quarter break.

So I determined a few days ago that regardless of what cleaning I do the house will be trashed in a matter of days. So I cleaned but figured I'd save deep cleaning until I felt better. I decided I wasn't cooking a bunch of stuff and freezing it. One of two things will happen, the one picky eater will never want to eat anything or everyone will defrost whatever they want and there will be all kinds of half eaten stuff and we'd still run out of precooked stuff.

I have decided that only what I feel is important gets done. Otherwise I would never get finished in the next year! I have gotten good at saying no over the years.

I'm going to the hospital in a dress. I have no idea how my tummy will feel so it seemed the safest thing to do. When I get home, I have nightgowns. After that, I'll see what fits and what I need. We don't have a lot of money and I can't buy things hoping they'll fit.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:26 PM

whirly, love the dress idea. i have been contemplating super big sweats but, i do like the dress. will give it some thought. i have time yet to ponder scheduled LAVH w. BSO on jan 17. anticipation is killing me.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:42 PM

I too am scheduled for Tuesday the 13th! Trying to get things all worked out as well... last clean up Monday, new sheets, wash dogs, make things nice and then let it go! I know the house will be a mess the first day with my two little ones and I am just going to have to let it be. Still nervous... but hopeful and looking forward to pain free days. Need to get my bag packed and get my bedside ready... I cannot believe it is coming so soon. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Kim
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:32 PM

Whirlygig, the dress--that's a great idea. I never thought of that.

You sound like a very strong, capable person. I like your attitude. And 5 teenagers...wow, you're my hero.

Take care! I know you'll look after yourself.
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:45 PM

I'd LOVE to be able to wear a dress! But alas, it is cold here. In the 20's. Agghhhh! I can pretty much guarantee that I won't want to be hurting AND cold on my way home. I hate being cold...
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:02 AM

My husband and I have been together for over 4 years and our life has been a strange and chaotic place. He had custody of his two preteens, I had one grown up in the service and a 15 yo girl, a year after we started living together we ended up with his mentally handicapped teenager who's mother had been on the run from him for years. Everyone is growing up and we now just have the 2 youngest at home. Since they were raised by my hubby they aren't as neat and clean as some kids. They take after him which is rather messy and oblivious. I have learned to accept that things just don't stay clean around here. At one point our chaotic household also included my dying ex and his mother with dementia and heath problems.

Since I usually wear dresses in the summer, I don't really have any that are that warm. I figure I'll wear legging too. If they seem to feel ok then that's great, if not, I'll just be a little chilly. I guess hubby can go warm up the car before he loads me up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register