4 days to go, I think I'm ready. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days to go, I think I'm ready. 4 days to go, I think I'm ready.

Unread 12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Re: 4 days to go, I think I'm ready.

The important thing now is that you will be comfortable and well rested so you have a chance to heal.

You're in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Whirlygig, you are a BUSY woman! I understand the strange household. My family of 5 is living with my mom right now while my husband does the 'job hunt' thing. (He just finished up at the university.) Everyone is a big help (teenagers included) so I feel pretty confident that I will be able to rest and rest and rest until I'm sick of resting. I bought a bunch of yarn just in case though. I'm planning on making a bed-spread. We'll see how that goes.

As far as the 'clean house', I give up. This many people dwelling in one house, 3 under the age of 18... ya I have a choice:1. I can be a constant nag, or 2. I can make sure things are clean & mostly tidy. I don't like nags. I don't like people nagging me, and I don't like to be the 'Naggie Lady'! HA! So I choose option 2. If someone wants to complain, fine... just don't nag me
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:17 AM

OMG... 2 DAYS TO GO. Are you girls ready. I have a last min effort to clean once again... as it is NEVER done. Get my recovery area done... 2 days, wow. Good luck to the Dec 13th girls!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Tomorrow morning is my big day! I spent yesterday cleaning and stocking the house. Today is last minute cleaning, packing for the hospital and a last 8 mile run on my trails. Thanks to a nice sleep aid, I feel really good finally. I can't wait for this terrible wait and worry to be over...my biggest worry now is, it will be cancelled!
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmithie View Post
OMG... 2 DAYS TO GO. Are you girls ready. I have a last min effort to clean once again... as it is NEVER done. Get my recovery area done... 2 days, wow. Good luck to the Dec 13th girls!

Kim
Good luck. Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a painless and speedy recovery
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJoM View Post
Tomorrow morning is my big day! I spent yesterday cleaning and stocking the house. Today is last minute cleaning, packing for the hospital and a last 8 mile run on my trails. Thanks to a nice sleep aid, I feel really good finally. I can't wait for this terrible wait and worry to be over...my biggest worry now is, it will be cancelled!
Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a painless speedy recovery
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:32 AM

GOOD LUCK Mary JoM! =)
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:

Kim

I'm on the 13th as well, it seems a little surreal that it's come up so quickly! I saved all my cleaning/laundry for today, but now I think I'm letting my nerves get the better of me and can't seem to move off the couch! I suspect about 8pm tomorrow night I shall start to panic about all the things I didn't get done. Although - when I get home, will I really care that I didn't wash the kitchen floor? I doubt it :-)
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
GOOD LUCK Mary JoM! =)
You too Kim!
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:10 AM

Don't forget your slippers!! You will be walking the hallway in the hospital when your doctor gives you the green light to do so. You don't want to walk in just socks...and walking is a must to rid you of the gas pains. :P
Good luck to you, and I hope you have a very uneventful surgery and recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register