TLH Did you get a tummy binder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TLH Did you get a tummy binder? TLH Did you get a tummy binder?

Unread 12-10-2011, 06:35 AM
TLH Did you get a tummy binder?

The doc looked at me like I was nuts when I asked her about it. She said well maybe if you had a TAH you might need one but not for a TLH. She said the binding might not feel good... I think I looked at her kinda blank.

So, I want to know from all of you lovely ladies who have been their and done that... what do you think?

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Re: TLH Did you get a tunny binder?

I really don't know! I'd actually thought about this myself. I think "I" might feel more secure with one, but not sure if it would actually help.
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:17 AM

I did not have one. I could have nothing on my tummy. I had Davinci and the little cuts bruised and nothing felt good against them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2011, 09:55 AM

My dr. said I should get one. She said they really help many of her patients. I ordered one from the HysterSister store. It looks like it should be here Monday or so. My bad to have waited so long but I didn't want to spend the money until I talked to the dr. Did that and went to the drugstore to buy one. They were very expensive and so wide (I'm short so 9" is a lot). It was actually cheaper to order one here and pay shipping. It is also narrower and looks like it will fit me better.
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:50 AM

I love the whole idea of the ice packs and heat packs... did you check if you insurance would cover? I wonder how long shipping is? I am torn.
Unread 12-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I got the plain one since I'm pretty broke. My insurance doesn't cover it otherwise the hospital would supply it.

I ordered my binder Weds night and they shipped it out Thurs morning. The store is very quick. It looks like it is coming USPS priority which is usually 2 days. I haven't checked my PO box yet so it could have even come on Saturday.
Unread 12-11-2011, 01:21 PM

I had a LSH on Nov 28 my doc said no binder it increases stomach pressure, and I don't need any more pressure. My recovery has been fantastic, I still take each day slowly, I had major bleeding 5 days post because I ripped a stitch from rectocele repair, couldnt poo and may have stained, but bleeding stopped by evening from rest and I'm feeling great today, good luck to all sisters it was not a bad experience at all. Cat
Unread 12-11-2011, 02:24 PM

I had the daVinci procedure too. I didnt get one, and I didn't ever feel like I needed one.
Unread 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM

I bought one and then tried it a few times and found it to be uncomfortable against my da Vinci 'spots'.
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Re: TLH Did you get a tummy binder?

good to know there is a difference with DaVinci. Thanks. Will save my money for a pillow to keep the cats from killing me when they pounce on me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register