TLH Did you get a tummy binder? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TLH Did you get a tummy binder? TLH Did you get a tummy binder?

Unread 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Re: TLH Did you get a tummy binder?

My cat didn't give me any trouble. She didn't want on my tummy as much as she just wanted on my feet or on my legs. Your cats may be more pouncy than mine. She's a slug-a-bed and I usually woke up with her on my feet. I never realized how lazy she was till I joined her in her all-day-cat-naps.
:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2012, 08:00 PM

I didn't get a tummy binder. I couldn't handle anything touching my tummy at all. Sometimes even the blankets were too heavy. Tummy was so sore to touch.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:54 AM

I just had a DaVinci on 01-10-12 and love my binder. I purchased a travel pillow that I used at the hospital for the 24 hours I was there. As I was preparing to go home the nurse brought one in for me to try. I decided to take it home and try later. Once I got home and tried it on, I didn't want to take it off and wear it all the time now. It takes the fear of something bumping into you and hitting your stomach. I have 3 young boys and a cat and am more relaxed when they jump on the couch or bed next to me. I found it very helpful and not painful at all. I am 5'3 and it covers my entire abdomen. The one thing I feel it makes uncomfortable are my breasts. So I usually take it off for a few hours throughout the day when the kids are away to breathe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2012, 09:17 AM

I had a LSH and woke up from surgery with a binder on. It was wonderful. I think it really helped keep the swelling to a minimum and made moving so much more comfortable. I wore it constantly for the first 4 or 5 days post-op and then started to go without. I had some swelling but really didn't have the 'swelly belly' to the degree some women do. Don't know if it was related to wearing the binder or not...
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:04 PM

I am an RN, my job was to take care of post-op hysters. We never binder the lap surgery ladies
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:33 AM

Interesting how things are done so differently. My hysterectomy was entirely laparoscopic. I liked the binder. Go figure.
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:43 AM

LSH and no binder needed , was lying on my side right after surgery with little difficulty . Def get a pillow pet to keep the cats off !
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinFC View Post
good to know there is a difference with DaVinci. Thanks. Will save my money for a pillow to keep the cats from killing me when they pounce on me
I did not get a binder but went to walmart and bought a couple lightweight panty girdles that really really helped me with that "falling out of myself " feeling and it provided just enough support and did not hurt my DaVinci spots.
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:50 PM

Didn't have one, didn't ever want for one...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register