granulation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-10-2011, 05:45 PM
granulation

had surgery 11-11-11 Went for check up yesterday-In pain and spotting a littlebit. Dr says its GRANULATION and gave me metrogel. I ask him for pain meds but he says NO. Feel like im being a baby but it really HURTS. Anyone else have pain with this GRANULAtion process? JUst wondering should I see someone else or cope. Do pain meds hender the healing process??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Re: granulation

I had my surgery 4 months ago and at my 6 week check up my doctor said I had a large granulation. He said normally he only sees a small sliver of it but mine was over an inch long and 1/2 inch wide. He treated it with silver nitrate and told me to come back if I was still spotting after Thanksgiving. I haven't been spotting but I've been having yellowish discharge and wearing pantyliners - I thought it was just part of the healing from a hysterectomy but after doing some research today I think it may have something to do with the granulation and bacteria. On top of that, I've started having cramps after sex. Not just period cramps but it feels like someone punched me in the gut right above my pubic bone. From what I've found they either continue treating it with silver nitrate or they remove it - either in the office or through surgery.

I haven't scheduled an appt yet because I don't have insurance anymore but it's getting to the point where I have to. I'll let you know what he says.
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:20 AM

I am 3 weeks post op and def having the same prob... My doc used silver nitrate yesterday... If ur doc will not give u pain meds try seeing a pain management doc... Explain what's going on and that u hope it only temp...We all get scared of being stereotyped when asking for meds, but hey we need them now more than ever...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 07:31 AM

I am 3 weeks post op and wondering if I am having a problem with granulation as well. can you tell me what the symptoms are that you had besides the spotting of the bleeding? I did have a mini sling done at the same time as well as a tlvh and 1 ovary removed. I feel irritated inside some slight burning as well as an odd sensation when I am urinating or have a full bladder. . my discharge is mostly brown maybe with a little glossy yellow. not sure if this is part of the normal healing process or the sling... maybe both. or if I'm starting to have some problems with granulation. I did go in at 9 days post op for some pain and constipation issues and they did tests for a uti and nothing came back. next visit is on the 11th.

kim
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmithie View Post
I am 3 weeks post op and wondering if I am having a problem with granulation as well. can you tell me what the symptoms are that you had besides the spotting of the bleeding? I did have a mini sling done at the same time as well as a tlvh and 1 ovary removed. I feel irritated inside some slight burning as well as an odd sensation when I am urinating or have a full bladder. . my discharge is mostly brown maybe with a little glossy yellow. not sure if this is part of the normal healing process or the sling... maybe both. or if I'm starting to have some problems with granulation. I did go in at 9 days post op for some pain and constipation issues and they did tests for a uti and nothing came back. next visit is on the 11th.

kim
My doctor didn't say anything at my 3 week checkup - he said everything was fine then. It was at my 6 week checkup that he told me about the granulation and treated it with silver nitrate. I asked him if something I did caused it and he said that nothing really causes them - they just show up sometimes no matter what he or I do.

I couldn't really tell any symptoms because I didn't know what was normal after a hysterectomy and what would be caused by the granulation. My doctor said that the granulation might cause some spotting after sex or after strenuous activity and told me to come back if I was still spotting. Since that was all he told me, I didn't think the yellow discharge was related but I've seen it mentioned in other posts when I searched this site. All I know is that 4 months post-op the discharge has gone on long enough and the pain/cramping after sex is new and definitely not normal. I made an appt to go back on the 26th so hopefully I'll get some more answers then.
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
granulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn1981 View Post
My doctor didn't say anything at my 3 week checkup - he said everything was fine then. It was at my 6 week checkup that he told me about the granulation and treated it with silver nitrate. I asked him if something I did caused it and he said that nothing really causes them - they just show up sometimes no matter what he or I do.

I couldn't really tell any symptoms because I didn't know what was normal after a hysterectomy and what would be caused by the granulation. My doctor said that the granulation might cause some spotting after sex or after strenuous activity and told me to come back if I was still spotting. Since that was all he told me, I didn't think the yellow discharge was related but I've seen it mentioned in other posts when I searched this site. All I know is that 4 months post-op the discharge has gone on long enough and the pain/cramping after sex is new and definitely not normal. I made an appt to go back on the 26th so hopefully I'll get some more answers then.
thank you for your reply am the information. and I'm so so sorry that things are not a lot better for you. :-(
Unread 01-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
thank you for your reply am the information. and I'm so so sorry that things are not a lot better for you. :-(
No problem. It's actually not that bad normally - I just wear a pantyliner all the time and I think I'm going to avoid sex until my appointment. (Probably worse for my husband than for me )
Unread 01-04-2012, 02:24 PM
granulation

Quote:
No problem. It's actually not that bad normally - I just wear a pantyliner all the time and I think I'm going to avoid sex until my appointment. (Probably worse for my husband than for me )
no doubt! my doctor has said 12 weeks for me and he's dying with that. I'm nervous and curious at the same time.... did they happened to say anything about oral sex? (blush)
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
no doubt! my doctor has said 12 weeks for me and he's dying with that. I'm nervous and curious at the same time.... did they happened to say anything about oral sex? (blush)
I was cleared 2 days after my 6 week appt (he said give it 2 days for the silver nitrate to work). The pain after sex just started the last 2 times we did it. We did do oral after my 3 week checkup although I didn't ask the doctor about it - I was just vigilant about nothing going inside, not even a little.
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:20 AM
granulation

Quote:
I was cleared 2 days after my 6 week appt (he said give it 2 days for the silver nitrate to work). The pain after sex just started the last 2 times we did it. We did do oral after my 3 week checkup although I didn't ask the doctor about it - I was just vigilant about nothing going inside, not even a little.
lol... not even a little tee hee hee. I guess I will ask the doctor at my appointment on the 11th. I still have brown discharge daily, on no stitches yet but brown discharge so I think will hold of on doing anything. so just out of curiosity how are things working for you... do you notice a difference? I had a adeno so sex was pretty painful for me enjoyable but painful

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register