TLH Back in the hospital for surgery #2 :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back in the hospital for surgery #2 :( Back in the hospital for surgery #2 :(

Unread 12-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Re: Back in the hospital for surgery #2 :(

Daisy,
We were surgery buddies on the 22nd and I am so sad to see you made a second visit to the castle. Hooray for a good surgery yesterday and big hugs to you. I hope your healing this time around is spectacular.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM

Thank you so much! I think I just felt so great after surgery that I tried to do too much too soon. Especially while I was still on the pain meds because they decieve you into feeling better than you really are. Then that second week I quit taking meds and little by little felt more energy, but also more pain. Now I understand that bright red spotting WILL lead to greater problems if you don't stop doing whatever you are doing immediately. They always say light bleeding and spotting is okay, but if you are spotting bright red drops, then it's definitely a red flag that should be paid attention to. Had to learn it the hardway. My body tried to warn me but I didn'ttake the hint until spotting became clotting

Love and healing to all
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:31 AM

I saw your note on another post about a second trip to surgery and was so sorry to see that! We were surgery buddies too. This is also making me nervous. I have been spotting for 2 weeks -- not heavy, very light and dark/old blood so I assumed I was good to go as I was told to expect that. I had one clot, but it looked like old blood. Glad I'm going to the doc tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Crazydaizy99..... Hope you are healing well from your ordeal ! How much blood did you lose? I had a second surgery last Monday because I began hemorrhaging late Sunday night. I had to be transfused 2 units. I am VERY weak right now. What are you doing to heal yourself? Best wishes to you!
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meezer1 View Post
Crazydaizy99..... Hope you are healing well from your ordeal ! How much blood did you lose? I had a second surgery last Monday because I began hemorrhaging late Sunday night. I had to be transfused 2 units. I am VERY weak right now. What are you doing to heal yourself? Best wishes to you!

I don't know exactly how much I bled, no transfusions or anything like that. They kept testing my blood counts and they were lower the second time around but they said they were still okay and my body was replenishing. I was not hemorrhaging, but I was passing lots of clots. I would usually gush blood right before a clot and then stop bleeding. That cycle would happen over and over again multiple times throughout the day/night. Then after he fixed the cuff he said that everything looked great but when he went to give me a shot of numbing medication so that I would not hurt so bad when I woke up, that the injection site immediately started bleeding like crazy so then he stitched that too. He never did figure out exactly where all the blood was from. He just fixed whatever he could. But whatever he did seemed to work great because I have not had any spotting whatsoever since then.

I am so sorry you had to get blood and are feeling weak I hope that you start feeling better soon
I have had a lot more cramping this time around so I have just been taking it very easy and not doing pretty much anything.
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:15 PM

Crazydaizy99 .. Thanks for your reply. Wow, this is all so scary. My surgeon also could not figure out why I was bleeding so much. I am on anticoagulants and have been for the past 3 years but after this last nightmare, I have been taken off them until I heal. They think that my thin blood impeded the healing process and there was a loose non healing area that just kept bleeding. Dr went ahead and over sewed the entire cuff just to be safe. Sending you healing hugs and prayers that we will recover completely.
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Daizy, so glad that you're doing better! Here's to continued healing and taking it easy! *gentle hugs*
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:27 PM

Thank you both and I am wishing you love and healing thoughts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register