Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :( Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :(

Unread 12-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :(

I go into hospital tomorrow morning at 7am for my abdominal total hysterectomy at 8.30 and i'm absolutely terrified. I feel like I'm organised but I feel so down and haven't been able to get much shopping done as I've cried at the slightest thing.
I'm worried I dont wake up and I live on my own with my 13 year old daughter.
please help!!

xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Re: Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :(

Try not to worry i had a total adominal hysterectomy on halloween i was the same as you worried somethink was gonna happen. And being so young and having it done at 27 but in the long run you would b better of when all done i am 6 wks today and feel great i have 3 young kids. The hospital might b able to give you something to relax you when you go in but dont worry all will b fine xxxx
Unread 12-12-2011, 04:51 AM

Thank you and I'm glad you're ok. xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:47 AM

Me, too. I have to be there in a lil over 4 hours to begin check in. It didn't help with the hospital having me do a blood type test yesterday.
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:55 AM

I had quite a few sugeries as a child and I always looked forward to going to the hospital then. I got to play with the remote control and see color tv! lol...
A few years ago I had to have surgery to repair a hiatal hernia. I was very nervous as I had not had surgery as an adult. As a child, ignorance is bliss...as an adult, you think of all the things that could go wrong. I made it through with flying colors!
I too have my surgery in the morning. I am focusing on the the positive. And yes, there are many positives. They have these amazing things they put in the IV that make you relax..and my hospital has this really neat paper-like gown that they run hot air through so I am sooo comfy. And then there are the good meds to help the pain afterwards that just make you want to sleep and sleep and sleep...ah, sleep...it's a wonderful thing.
Focus on the positives...have a sense of humor...and know in your heart that you will be just fine! You will find yourself feeling so much better once you heal from the surgery.
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Mine is a week from today. I wish you couldve talked with the anesthesia nurse I spoke with at preop. It is such a calculated science and the medications are so much better, that it really isnt a significant risk.
Youre going to wake up !
Im cleaning like a lunatic and organizing things noone in their right mind cares about. I havent slept through the night in a month... cant wait for this to be done so Im FORCED to sit down awhile
Prayers and best wishes for a fast and easy procedure tomorrow and looking forward to hearing about your experience when you get home.
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM

I think everyone has these fears at some level. I wasn't anxious or nervous about it, but 'just in case' I wrote out instructions for my husband (insurance, bank accounts, ..... I'm the banker and record keeper in the family) I also set aside certain items that I wanted to go to certain people with notes to everyone. For me, it was rather cathartic. AND - thankfully, totally unnecessary.
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:18 AM

Ah thank you so much to all that have written a message in response to my earlier post. I've tried to keep busy today so have just logged back in and read your messages of support - it means the world. I dont think people realise what it's like until they go through it themselves whicIh is why this site is truly amazing.

I have a six month old pup which I took to the kennels this morning and I broke my heart leaving him there. Tonight I will have to take my daughter to her grandma's and although I know she will be well cared for, I know it'll be something else that really upsets me. I'll have to stay strong and not get upset in front of them but when I come home to an empty house tonight I'll sit and worry and cry - I know I will.

I just want it to be over with. I'm trying to think of the positives and like you say, try and have a sense of humour like my 'no womb at the inn for christmas' joke however when I think about it all.....its so so sad. I've had ops in the past and I'm lucky enough to have full private healthcare cover with my contract at work so I get to go into a private hospital and have my own room and top notch care, however sometimes having your own room and not seeing anyone can be a bad thing when you're feeling a bit down.

Thank you all so so much and I promise to post on here when I get home which they said should hopefully be at the weekend.

Good luck to you all .

XXX
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:24 AM

I have a bit of that fear too but my husband is more worried so I have been trying to be strong for him. He refuses to talk about the 'what if's' which is really a conversation that should take place anyways at some point- so our compromise is that I wrote everything down in a letter (banking info etc) and sealed it up- only to open in case of emergency. BUT it will all be fine! We will do wonderfully and be so happy when its over! Thoughts and hugs for you!
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:38 AM

I know just how you feel, and please dont stress out. You need to be nice and relaxed. Ask the Anesthesiologist for some "happy juice" when you get there lol!
I am one week post op today, and cant believe it is over and I am on the other side recovering. You will do great, you will take what seems like the quickest nap ever, cuz it feels like you just closed your eyes...and then they are waking you up offering you more good meds.

Good Luck my friend...you will have a great but quick nap!

W

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register