Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :( Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :(

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Re: Op is tomorrow and I'm terrified :(

You're going to be just fine! I was worried for my 12 year old too. I actually started crying when she gave the "see you in a bit" hug, at the hospital, which I didn't want to do. The anesthesiologist said, "Time for a little calm down meds"...and I was out. All is well 4 days post op!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 06:05 PM

I'm saying a prayer to keep you safe in Gods hands during surgery, recovery, and to calm your nerves. I was nervous with all my surgeries too. It is very normal. Just take a deep breath, take a hot bath with a nice scented candle, and then cuddle up and watch a movie with your dd if she is there with you now. Keep in touch of your progress....HUGS TO YOU!
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Do whatever helps - keeping busy, or meditation, or prayer, or a nice alcoholic drink to mellow you out - or all of those things! .

Someone just posted that it is the quickest nap you'll ever have! Exactly!
You will be really suprised to wake up and find it is over.

You are so carefully monitored during surgery that it would almost take major carelessness on the part of the surgical team for you NOT to wake up!

I was afraid too - I've never had surgery before in all my 62 years!
And it was just a walk in the park.

Now the recovery...... not such a lot of fun, but it's the other side and you only need to do what you need to do to get better. And that will happen too!
Life is good at 3 1/2 months post op. ( I had pretty invasive surgery)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 07:11 PM

I was just as nervous as everyone but the morning of the surgery, I was " nervously calm". My house was set, my mother and sister were here to take care of my husband : ) and I was so ready to get this done. I bet you'll feel the same. I hate needles and I'm a very hard stick. I made sure they knew this and I got a remarkable nurse to start my IV. She missed once, but she was great and got me going. I got the most yummy calming meds and yes, a quick nap later, I was done. Almost 8 weeks out and I'm as as happy as a clam in the sand. See you on the other side : )
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:43 PM

I have used the "No womb in the inn" joke as well!

I am nervous as well. My surgery is one week from today and I have 2 elementry age kids at home. I really feel like the benifts out weight the risks. Good luck on your surgery!
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:03 PM

We will pray for you. I was right there last night. Now it's over and I'm thrilled. You will do fine and we will all be waiting to here your "report".
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:07 PM

My personal fave..."By this time tomorow night, I'll be a man..sans the male peices parts of course!" I know, I'm a bit twisted.
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:46 PM

LOL at the cleaning and organizing thing, I have been doing the same thing.....I have even decorated my bedroom with christmas decorations so I too can enjoy the holidays, since my bedroom is on the 2nd floor and I will be there for awhile....mine is in 9 days

good luck and do not worry you will be just fine, how can I say this and I am worrying..LOL
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM

Lisa, your fears are normal, just try and replace them with FAITH. I am a single mom as well and know exactly how you feel. You will wake up! It will definitely feel like a short nap as another sister stated. You are "put under" shortly after reaching the operating room, then waking up in recovery. I am five weeks post op and feeling good and so will you! I wish you a successful surgery and healthy recovery! This prayer tremendously Blessed me before surgery, hope it Blesses you as well.

http://my.homewithgod.com/joanneshea...Operation.html
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:16 PM

I think we all have that fear of not waking up. But they are going to watch over you so closely. It will seem like a quick nap. They will give you something to relax. And just think about that morphine pump afterwards "Happy Happy Drugs". I didn't know if I was coming or going my family had plenty of stories for me afterwards. Just try to concentrate on the future and all the pain that you want have later. I am so enjoying this no cramping, no heavy bleeding, the outrageous pain I was feeling; I just feel so free and as time progresses I know it will be just wonderful. Best wishes on your trip to the Castle look forward to your threads in post-op

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register