Did estrogen therapy change your appetite? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did estrogen therapy change your appetite? Did estrogen therapy change your appetite?

Unread 12-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Did estrogen therapy change your appetite?

Sisters,
I am only 3 weeks post op, so not back up to my usual exercise routine and general level of activity. (I am reading your posts about vigorous exercise depleting estrogen with keen interest).
I am on a .1 patch. Since my surgery, I seem to have less of my normal appetite, and especially seem to be craving sweets less, and I normally have a wicked carbohydrate/sweet tooth. I made cookie dough yesterday and normally would have generously helped myself to the dough during the process, and wasnt even interested in a lick - very much not like me.
I am a small and slim lady and always have to mind myself around food and sweets to maintain my weight.
Since I am not exercising as normal and am only three weeks out, it is hard for me to tell if this new feeling is just from surgical/anesthesia hangover, or due to burning fewer calories due to less activity, or is it the patch?

Just curious what your stories might be. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Did estrogen therapy change your appetite?

I'm on the same boat as u. It will be 4 weeks this Wed. And still low appetite. I do need to lose weight however, so happy about that. The first week after surgery I forced myself to eat tiny bites. I'm eating full meals now but definitely less amounts than before. Not sure if its the patch or post surgical changes. I'm on the same dose as u, and.my Dr plans to lower it at 3 months, to wean me off by the end of 5 years. More input appreciated.
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Re: Did estrogen therapy change your appetite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepolaryam View Post
I'm on the same boat as u. It will be 4 weeks this Wed. And still low appetite. I do need to lose weight however, so happy about that. The first week after surgery I forced myself to eat tiny bites. I'm eating full meals now but definitely less amounts than before. Not sure if its the patch or post surgical changes. I'm on the same dose as u, and.my Dr plans to lower it at 3 months, to wean me off by the end of 5 years. More input appreciated.
Interesting that your doc wants to wean you in three months - which is what the literature in the box seems to suggest. I am almost five years older than you and my doc said we will wean over 5-7 years but if I am feeling good on this dose , he will keep me on it for a year.

I had some pretty extreme reactions after surgery while trying to avoid HRT, which landed me back in the hospital, so perhaps he is afraid of that happening again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register