Anyone NOT bring anything to hospital? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone NOT bring anything to hospital? Anyone NOT bring anything to hospital?

Unread 12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Re: Anyone NOT bring anything to hospital?

I brought only my phone and the clothes on my back. I was totally fine. I stayed 2 nights and 3 days. My hospital had a laptop that I could request to use, and I did. Otherwise I didnt need anything else and I was totally fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 05:34 PM

I have saw so many women saying theY useD a computer in hospital.there's no way i was even thinking about a computer,kuddos to all that could
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Anyone NOT bring anything to hospital?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
I have saw so many women saying theY useD a computer in hospital.there's no way i was even thinking about a computer,kuddos to all that could
I know! I used my cell phone to call hubby when I was allowed to go home but I slept the entire time I was there. Didn't crack a magazine or anything. Hubby was shocked that I hadn't been on Twitter for three days! I MUST have felt like crap!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 10:00 PM

I just stared at that 10 basic channel cable they had.2nd day i was there i was like gosh,man,this hurts.i kept asking,you are gonna let me go on wednesday.i had surgery on monday.i swear i felt homesick.i had never been away from my husband and i was used to my 16 year old going places.but that boy i tell you what he really watched me after i was released the 1st week ,he stayed out of school for thurs.,friday,and following monday.dont mean to get off subject but there's just so much that you do,bring ,just everything.it's good to have a plan.but i did bring good lotion and moisturizer.that's important
Unread 12-20-2011, 01:39 AM

I packed a bag and the only things I used from it were my toothbrush, toothpaste, slippers, Chapstick, and my iPhone. Oh and I didn't even used granny panties till I got home I used the nice hospital ones lol
Unread 12-27-2011, 05:19 PM

I think I'm only going to pack toothbrush, paste, Chapstick, lotion, pads, some hard candy, iPad, phone , granny panties and socks. I was going to pack bathrobe and slippers. But let's be honest only in for 23 observation and I don't see myself leaving that bed till I have to go pee or home.. Wearing same clothes there and back. If I need to stay longer I'll have hubby bring things to me. And putting pillows in car to keep in there for the ride home.
Unread 12-27-2011, 05:40 PM

sounds like you got it covered..good luck to you and i hope you have a smoothe surgery
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Definitely bring a robe, one of the things they will want you to do is get up and walk as soon as possible. I was returned to my room at about 2 to 3pm, my afternoon nurse didn't get me up to walk (which I was expecting her to do). When my night nurse came in she asked "have you been walking yet?" I said "no" and she was like "you should have been". Luckily I'm a night owl so we did a quick stroll at about 11pm at night.

In the morning I walked the hall a couple of times. One of the reasons is to prevent blood clots, even though they have the compression boots on. Another thing is that it helps get your digestive system moving.

I was also in for just the overnight observation.

When you get home you should do a few minutes of walking every couple of hours, you should not be on complete bedrest.

If you aren't in a private room have headphones is nice for your music. Also having some form of eye "shade" to make sure the room is dark helped me.

You want loose fitting clothes for the ride home and a tummy pillow for between your tummy and the seatbelt. If possible have them give you pain meds prior to your drive home.

as you prepare for the day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register