Best Wishes to our December 16 Princesses | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our December 16 Princesses Best Wishes to our December 16 Princesses

Unread 12-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Best Wishes to our December 16 Princesses

Wishing the Best in Surgery and Recovery to

SkweekTater, chypmunk, Jen_77, lulusargent, tls44, pumpkin1971, mbdoyle, ivyR85, Miraculousmi, shrtevlone, charswan, Nickipooc1, Sherbert_61, Mollified, rockinbranch, sugarlablover, lilmimi, SweetGAPeach11, kathy1970, kind friend, Koda1021, OnPrairie, Dee55, callly, Dodie428, BreeNBrian25, terrip2, clohse, skelley4, Dreamsihave, Blossom75, DKM1963, Dec16, Notsoplainjane, suze53, Kecoju, OvarianCyster, maizie10, icd2003, ME1ME, bgd, blondechic, jeet95, TamNC, AmandaRitson, spunkygrl, secusamsg, Mrs. Nikki, pmdd1001, llclark, breeze1101, pinkrose101, yindee, Junebug43, Stacey6532, dolliedimple, beckbeck64, drdolittle815, AliciaC, twins2007

Don't forget to pamper the princess!

We will see you on the Post-Op Forum when you are home.

Note: We've created a thread for you in the post-op forum based on your hysterectomy date for you to update your progress. However, if you have a question or need for support, be sure and post your own thread to receive support replies.

Another important note: Be a part of our circle of support! Please plan to return to the pre-op forum to answer questions for our pre-op sisters! The pre-op gals need your experience to help them as they plan for their upcoming surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Re: Best Wishes to our December 16 Princesses

Eek now its seeming more real when I see this date stickied at the top....good luck to all of us
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:17 PM

I'm sending my very best wishes as you head to the castle! I hope you have a very smooth surgery and recovery!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:41 PM

Sending best wishes to each of you
for an uneventful surgery with a speedy recovery
as you head off to the castle.
See you on the other side in Post-op!

Unread 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM

I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 tomorrow morning. They have you arrive a couple of hours before you go to the OR, so I'll probably be in by 10:30 or so.

Best wishes to everyone!
Unread 12-15-2011, 01:07 PM

Good luck to all and see you on the post-op for support!

I am still scheduled for 7:30am tomorrow. I sure hope there is not another cancellation - I don't think I could handle it! Since the last surgery date we went ahead and put up the tree and added a few more items to the freezer meals.

I am doing my final countdown prep again today. Some light housekeeping, final check on the hospital bag. Eating light, non greasy foods. Was not given any official intructions for eating other than nothing after midnight - however my digestion is slow (I think) and the last thing I want in my stomach at 6am when they put in the IV is a greasy cheeseburger or heavy pasta!

It's pouring here today so I most likely will not get a fresh air walk. I will hopefully sleep well tonight and then be on my way first thing. Hospital is 45 min drive so looks like an early alarm setting here!

Best wishes everyone!!
Unread 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM

Hi Sherbert_61

I had no instructions re diet either, other than nothing to eat or drink after midnight. No bowel prep either. I've been faithfully eating my mini-wheats all week, in addition to lots of extra citrus. Keeping the diet light today, too.

I think what happened to you contributed my mini-nightmare last night, LOL! In this dream, I phoned in for my OR time and was told they had cancelled my surgery and rebooked me for January 12th, but they had forgotten to tell me.

Honestly, I was awake, looking at the clock every hour last night. I don't imagine tonight will be any better. We live an hour and a half from our hospital and I am a total punctuality freak at the best of times, so I'll be afraid of sleeping through the alarm.

I'm packed, I've moved my pj's from a bottom drawer to where I can reach without bending and my cotton/fleece comfy clothes to where I can get them easily as well. I'll get the laundry caught up later today and water the plants.

My husband is worried the hospital is going to kick me out too soon. Since we live so far from medical help, he wants to make sure the hospital staff get that point--that if something goes wrong, it's a long way to the nearest help.

Well, by this time tomorrow, we'll be in recovery, eh?

I won't have computer access in the hospital, but I'll be back in a few days.

All the best!
Unread 12-15-2011, 02:05 PM

I do not want to get kicked out too soon either... but I assume if all goes well a Friday morning surgery gets released on Sunday. My next bit of worry has come from having surgery on a Friday. I have no idea if my ob/gyne is on call this weekend or will even be in to see me/discharge me? Since my date was changed it was not a question I even considered until yesterday. I almost hope that if she is off this weekend that they keep me until Monday when she would I assume do her rounds.
Last thing I want is a problem on the weekend and having to turn around and head back for 45 min - 1 hour ride to emerg on the weekend - a week before Christmas... GAH!!
I won't have any computer access in the hospital either so I won't be posting utill sometime after I can sit I guess!
My nightmare last night was that my hubby forgot to bring my healthcard and I lost my surgery slot...stress stress stress...
Good Luck!!
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM

I'm think I am all ready! I have a downstairs room set up for myself, my over night bag packed and all the little odds and ends taken care of here at home. My Doctor only instructed stool softeners for tonight, and a fleets enema in the AM 2 hours before I have to leave. My arrival time is scheduled for 7, and surgery time for 7:45. I hope there are no delays and they get me in right away!

DH is bringing his computer to the hospital, so I'm hoping once I am up in my room I'll be about to check in to see how everyone else has done.

See you all on the other side!

Hugs and prayers for everyone.
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:18 PM

Well what an emotional day, the dr's office called and the hospital wanted to cancel my surgery for tomorrow. The receptionist called my doctor at home on his day off to review my file with him and they agreed that if I had support at home and was willing- they could still do it but only as an outpatient. Meaning- I don't stay over night unless there is a problem. I said I don't care, I can't wait any longer and my life is planned around tomorrows date! (hubby will not be home to help me if it gets moved as he works out of town) SO long story short- I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 6:15am and I am the first one in for 8am. I will stay in recovery until dinner time then be released home. If I can't get my pain under control or there is any issues then they will just have to find a bed for me is what the office said. What a rollercoaster this afternoon because of the phone calls back and forth from the office to the doctor to the hospital. I love them for trying so hard and advocating for me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register