Surgery 1 week away... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 1 week away... Surgery 1 week away...

Unread 12-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Surgery 1 week away...

Well, next week at this time, I'll be on the other side of this. I have finished my Christmas shopping, my "pamper me" shopping, some of my packing and I feel ready (at least as ready as I'm gonna be I have had some of the strangest pre-surgery dreams in the last few days so I must be more worried than I'm admitting. But really I feel pretty calm. I'm a nurse and I work with all the surgical staff at the hospital so I know I'm in good hands. Still I do have those moments of panic where I worry about the "what ifs"...since I am well aware of possible complications (which are part of every surgery). Of course, this morning my body decides I need one more period...haha, not very funny though. Anyway, I want to thank you for the support. Even though I am a nurse and know pretty much what to expect, it's helped me a lot to know that this is out there and to help me figure out what I might need post op. I've started telling my pre and post hyster patients about this sight so at least they have the support on the post op side of things. Blessings to all the sisters today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Re: Surgery 1 week away...

hi hope all gose well with your operation and you take it easy and get everyone running after you, im having my hysterectomy on 17th jan trying not to think of it yet, good luck. x
Unread 12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Re: Surgery 1 week away...

Good luck to you - I am sure all will go well. As I am sure you know, the panic moments are normal. This is a tough surgery to ponder and recover from. Since you are a nurse, I hope you are taking a fair amount of time off so you can heal right.

We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register