Silver Nitrate to Stop Post Op Bleeding - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silver Nitrate to Stop Post Op Bleeding Silver Nitrate to Stop Post Op Bleeding

Unread 12-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Re: Silver Nitrate to Stop Post Op Bleeding

Yesterday I put a call into my doctor because I was still bleeding, this time heavily and with pieces, they called me into his office immediately. There was a hole in the upper left part of the cervix (that's all that is left) and they took care of it right then. It HURT! He didn't use silver nitrate but something else. I didn't catch the name but it looked like mustard haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2011, 07:41 PM

I went in for my 6 week check last Monday and mentioned that I had been spotting for several weeks. The doctor said I had granulation? and recommended silver nitrate. It was a little uncomfortable during the procedure, more so later at home. I have had a greyish/brown discharge all week - have to change a panty liner 3-4 times a day at least. Yesterday it started bleeding - more like heavier spotting..heavier than prior to the silver nitrate treatment. I was released to all activities and I have been Christmas shopping and on my feet a lot today. Did anybody else have a heavier discharge for 5 or 6 days after the treatment and then have the bleeding start again?
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:53 PM

I had a second surgery 12/12 at 3 weeks post up to restitch my cuff. I have no idea what else he did when he was in there since I have not gone for my follow up yet. But since surgery I have had no more bleeding or spotting whatsoever, but I have been waaaaay more crampy than I was after the initial surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM

Sarjes.... Hugs to you and hope you are doing well after your surgery . I too had to have emergency surgery to restich the entire cuff. Am home now extremely weak due to blood loss. Please rest and feel better.
Suzieq55.... I am so glad to hear that you are healed! I am in desperate need of some positive stories from those who have had a second surgery for cuff repair and have done well. Sadly, there seem to be a few ladies in this situation and it would help us all so much to hear encouraging stories like yours what tips can you offer for good healing from this second surgery? Prayers and healing hugs to everyone.
Unread 12-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Meezer1...It is now 2 days since 2nd surgery. Bleeding has stopped just very occasional light spotting. I am also feeling weak today and like CrazyDaisy 99 a bit more crampy than after the 1st surgery. A little depressed today as well, just want to feel better so I can finally begin to resume some normal activities. I am so afraid to do much because I don't want to have any more problems. Thank you for the hugs sending them back to you and hope you are feeling better.
Unread 12-18-2011, 01:48 PM

I know .... I feel very down today  my belly feels a lot more swollen too compared to the lavh... Feeling full up after only a few bites. I too am too scared to walk and extremely weak. Hope we start feeling well soon
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:12 PM

It just can take months to heal.
Mine was about 4 months, because we would wait 6 or 8 weeks, then have sex, then re-open the granulation wound at the vaginal cuff.
I had a bad time of it.
I feel that it has finally healed right. It is now December, and I had the granulation cauterization procedure done in mid-July!

We got a bit "frisky" during sex and we weren't very gentle and careful.

This would set us back again with bleeding and then time for healing.

We have had sex every week for about two months now, gentle at first then more aggressive, but not rough.

No bleeding yet. YAY.

Unread 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Suziq55, wow! That is a really long healing time but I am so glad you are healed and back to a normal life! Thanks so much for that 'light at the end of the tunnel'. Crazydaisy99 hope you are doing okay after your surgery. I too had my surgery on 12/12. Feeling more crampy and achy down there than I did with the lavh. I pray for excellent healing and recovery for all of us!
Unread 12-19-2011, 12:25 AM

Thank you meezer and happy healing to you too! The last 24 hours the cramping has been unbearable. Definitely frustrating
Unread 12-19-2011, 12:56 AM

Thanks, meezer!
I hope that you feel better and get healed quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register