Scheduled dVH/RALH Surgery tomorrow and I am scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow and I am scared Surgery tomorrow and I am scared

Unread 12-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Surgery tomorrow and I am scared

I am doing the bowel prep and getting ready for surgery tomorrow. I am flat out scard. There is no two ways about it. I'm scared. I've put off packing and all sorts of stuff out of denial. I'm terrified. Doing the prep has brought home how real this is. I'm scared. Really, really scared. I go to the hospital at 10:30 tomorrow morning and surgery begins at 12:30. I don't know how I'm going to wait that long in the morning. I'm going to crawl out of my skin. I'm not just nervous, I'm scared. :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Re: Surgery tomorrow and I am scared

Hi Blossom75,

I go tomorrow, too. I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 a.m. No bowel prep, though.

Do you have someone who can just give you a hug right now?

I think it's natural to have these fearful moments. I have them, too--that 'heart-in-your mouth' fear. If I have one of those 'freak out' moments, I just go hug my hubby, and if he's not around, just take deep breaths. Pray if you're a person of faith. Whatever it takes.

I know this is considered 'major surgery' and it is, and it's your body, but the medical professionals doing this--well, this is 'old hat' to them. They know what they're doing and they want to take the best care of you possible and they know how to do that.

Take care, this will all be over soon and we can get on with healing and feeling so much better than we did before.
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM

My hubby is a big help and I definately am praying. This prep has brought me to a major freak-out moment. Its hard to deny the prep im afraid. I'm just so glad this board is here! Good luck tomorrow!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2011, 05:41 PM

Mine is tomorrow too. I was freaking out earlier and remembered something my Doctor told me. "I know you are nervous, but I'm not. I've done quite a few of these, and I've not had any problems." Makes me feel a little better. I'm still a little nervous, and probably will not sleep tonight AT ALL! But the thing I look forward to the most is after healing, I won't have the pain I've had for the last few months.

I am going to take a nice warm bath later on, with some soft music and candles, to help me relax and meditate and pray about everything.

Good luck to you tomorrow and hope you have a quick recovery.
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug43 View Post
Mine is tomorrow too. I was freaking out earlier and remembered something my Doctor told me. "I know you are nervous, but I'm not. I've done quite a few of these, and I've not had any problems."
That is perfect, what your doctor said, I love it!
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Love that too!! A warm bath sounds like a great idea as well to calm the nerves. Good luck to all the sisters having their surgeries tomorrow. It's comforting to know we are not alone in this. Thank you all for talking me down from my freak out. I really appreciate it.
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:51 PM

All the best, Blossom75.

24 hours from now, this will all be behind us, nothing left but the rest and healing.
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:04 PM

I'm praying that God will give you all comfort and support to get through this. Also, for a full and speedy recovery.
I love JuneBug's idea!!! Even curl up with a book that you can really get into to take your mind off things.
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Hi Blossom and I'm sending you good vibes right now. I was where you are at on Sunday. My nerves were torn to bits (I've never had surgery before) and had every imaginable bad thing happening to me in my mind. My hubs tried to keep me busy and was so wonderful through the whole waiting time. That is the worst part of it all. Just hang in there and this is so doable. The people at the hospital are there for YOU!!!! I remember almost crying as they rolled me to pre- opt but then the people there calmed me right away. It was over in a blink for me! My surgery took over 3 hours due to the size of fibroids. I stayed 2 days in castle and now home for 2 days and getting stronger by the minute. Be sure to have someone home to help you. My hubs has been great. Don't do anything that first day except the remote, and you'll be feeling fine like many of us. I'm sending you a big cyber hug and can't wait to see what you post after your surgery. I even had my Hubs post for me here on HysterSister. This site is a God-send.
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:37 PM

The waiting is really the worst part of this. I have never been so scared. And I have never done anything that I so badly didn't want to do. I cried the whole time I was at the hospital preop. I cried while they started my IV, I cried when the anesthetist spoke with me, I cried when they wheeled me into the OR and my gyne came to talk to me. The staff whisks you from one thing to the next so you don't have too much time to think. I was asleep before I realized they were going to start to put me asleep. the pain post op isn't too bad. You can totally do this. Breathe deep, you will do great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register