totally discouraged... :( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

totally discouraged...   :( totally discouraged... :(

Unread 12-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Re: totally discouraged... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLass View Post
Okay,, I am going to read, and re-read these comments untill I have my surgery. I think the waiting game is the worst part of it.. the imagination can get carried away. I am sorry, trying to be strong. Thankyou for replying to my post..your kind word help, they really do.
Okay, see you in Post-op.. soon this will be over. Concentrating on light at end of tunnel.
I think you are very strong Johndeercrazy
SassyLass,

You're going to be OK. One thing that might help is for you to write down all of the things you want to ask your doctor. Trust me, you will forget at your pre-op appointment if you don't have them written down. You'll likely also have a pre-op appointment at the surgical center. Take a list there, too. You can ask them about anything - how the IVs work, which meds you'll get, food while you're in the hospital. The more informed you are, the more in control you will feel.

You will get through this and you will be stronger for it in the end, in more ways than one!

Hang in there and remember to breathe and keep those pep talks going.

<3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2011, 03:19 PM

i was so scared before surgery,my mom lives out of state she had fell and where she's got osteoporosis due to not taking HRT after her hysterectomy,she broke both feet.she couldnt come over and take care of me so of course i wanted her to.that was very depressing for me.but once i woke up day of surgery i just wanted to get this over with.i wanted to be normal i wanted to live a full life not one where i was laid up in the bed ruining sheets.recovery hasnt been a picnic but i know i would rather be on this side of the door than previous side.
Unread 12-17-2011, 04:12 PM

I am sorry about your mom I know the feeling..... "Can we just get this over with aready?" Then I won't be afraid. But the anxioety comes and goes. Its really going to hit when I walk into the hospital. I just have to be strong. Mind over matter. I went threw years of really difficult heavy cycles, Pain, passing out. But now I don't have a cycle anymore. Just the prolaps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2011, 04:58 PM

i **wanted to make a run for it when they had wheeled me away to the surgical floor and they had curtains separating each patient and i was by myself for it seemed like an eternity.i thought wow i could run and they wouldnt miss me for a good 10 minutes.i guess it hits us all different.but it would've been discouraging to play the waiting game but its also comforting to think HEY THEY GOT TO MAKE SURE OF EVERYTHING which in my opinion means doctoring
Unread 01-05-2012, 08:38 PM

You are stronger then me Melissa,, good luck with your surgery the 11th. Ummm? Christina it has crossed my mind several times....RUN!! But, then I scold myself for being such a whimp. I just did the question, sign this form, bla bla bla. Since I am 53 he was going to take both overies..But I told him I want to keep them. So he is going to take both tubes and 1 overie. So I will have one overie because I can't take hormones because of blood clots. I feel very sad, tomorrow I go for P.A.T. I will be happy when this is all behind me.
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM

It is totally normal to be nervous. This is surgery. I loved my happy juice they gave me just before OR time. It made any apprehension melt away. Just think of how life will be better when the surgery and recovery are over. My recovery has been less painful than life was before surgery.
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:28 PM

I so totally look forward to recovery... I have been told by my doctors " don't worry, I will take good care of you" and I can go home the next day.. that's somewhat comforting..
thankyou for your support,, when it's done then I can comfort others.
my knee's are going to be shaking till then.
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Hey SassyLass,

I'm 7 weeks post-op now and feel great. Your recovery is just around the corner and you will be ready for summer before you know it.

I'm originally from Wyoming and have spent a lot of time in Colorado - I know ski season is shot for you this year, but think about all the outdoor activities you will now be able to participate in and not worry once you are fully healed.

It's the positive plans for the future that kept me going before surgery. Take care and see you on the other side.
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:19 PM

Thank you! yes, I went to both doctors signing paperwork and today the P.A.T. and all this talking about what is to be,, is scaring the daylights out of me. The RN was very nice explaining it all and what to expect. I am coming down the home stretch, I look forward to being able to ride my horse pain free this summer. Not worring about leakage..... that will be Great! Everyone here has been so positive about what lie's ahead,,
Monday,, at 12:15pm I will admitted. I am ready, Yes I am ready.
Unread 01-06-2012, 05:15 PM

I am also looking forward to a pain free, leak free, summer of riding horses. Just think about how great that is going to be! Kyss baby look out, Momma's feeling better and your hay gut is gonna disappear!! Woo hoo!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register