Postponing Post-OP appointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Postponing Post-OP appointment Postponing Post-OP appointment

Unread 12-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Postponing Post-OP appointment

I'm scheduled for a TAH on Jan 3rd. The office scheduled me for a 2 week post-op with my surgeon on Jan. 17th. The office called yesterday and said they would have to postpone my post-op until Feb. 4th (evidently the doctor is having surgery and will be out for two weeks). I expressed my concern and they said my doctor said the only reason for the 2 week post-op was to go over the surgery report and she didn't do any kind of exam, etc.

The doctor will be there the week after my surgery so I went ahead and scheduled a post-op for 1 week out. I'm concerned about waiting four weeks for many reasons. I've had similar gyn abdominal surgery several times and at least once my incision got infected and was only picked up at the post-op exam. I'm also concerned if I have any problems or questions or am suddenly thrown into menopause I'm going to have to wait it out for 4 long weeks.

Anyone else wait this long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Re: Postponing Post-OP appointment

I had my first post-op one week out - to have staples removed. My doctor's NP took care of that with a quick visit from her to check the incision site. It made me feel a lot better knowing that a 2nd and 3rd pair of eyes was looking at everything early on.

I've read others here who did not have a post-op until 4 weeks, so I don't think it's too uncommon.
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Re: Postponing Post-OP appointment

I had my surgery the 18th of November and my surgeron did not want to see me till Jan around the 8 week mark. I made an appt with my family dr got in to see him at the 3 1/2 week mark we just went over the surgery report at my request and he is just waiting for the pathology report to see what to do about HRT so it is more than likely normal. It all depends on the dr and your surgery whether there is any complications or not. Prior to your surgery talk to your doctor and address your concerns. They will usually meet with you just before surgery.

Good luck on your surgery, praying that it goes smooth with no issues

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register