Hysterectomy Regret? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy Regret? Hysterectomy Regret?

Unread 12-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Re: Hysterectomy Regret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
Ladies, the physical space is filled in by your other organs. The space wasn't all that big to begin with if your uterus was normal sized. If it wasn't, like mine, my and your other organs thank us for giving them their rightful space back.
The other thing that I wanted to say is that your ovaries and your uterus do not define you as women. Your personality, your attitude and your kindness towards others are what define you, not an organ that was causing many of us trouble. I actually feel more feminine now that I don't have my bladder giving out on me at awkward times and I don't have a tummy that sticks out.
Treat yourselves to something you really love like a scented bath with candles (if you can at this time), a massage, some sexy underwear, etc. and think positive thoughts. You are all wonderful women that deserve the best life can give and that way of thinking starts with each one of you. You are wonderfully supportive of all of us so you need to be supportive of your own self. I hope this makes sense as this issue is really dear to my heart.
Thank you so much for your advice, Danni.
I have been trying to be good to myself. I have also been trying to become more educated with respect to my hysterectomy and medical care post op.

I have lost 35 pounds by exercising (running and brisk walking), but now I have been told that this activity has worsened my back pain and nerve damage radiating from my back. I had to switch to slow swimming for an hour a day for exercise instead. This means my weight loss will not be as consistent.

I am trying to be thankful about what I had decided to do, based on the medical advice that I received.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register