Scheduled LAVH anyone else feel mean and egdy before surgrey? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone else feel mean and egdy before surgrey? anyone else feel mean and egdy before surgrey?

Unread 12-17-2011, 11:33 PM
anyone else feel mean and egdy before surgrey?

Anyone else, feel/felt moody and edgy before surgrey. Im in constant pain and im exhaused all the time. I have three children two of them under three. I also work part/full time as a C.N.A. When I do have a day off, Im ready for bed at seven, which is impossible for obvious reasons. Now dont get me wrong my husband is amazing when I'm at work he cooks, cleans, does laundry, does the baths, you name it. When Im home he needs more help, I just cant give it. Sometimes he doesnt even asks just tells me to relax and or rest. But lately Ive been a pill to live with. I cant stand the way Im acting and the fighting with my husband. I like to think it is cuz Im in pain, but I think its coupled with the upcoming suregey, I also dont hide things from amyone, but I have only told two or three ppl about upcoming sur. I am not sure how to tell ppl without them feeling bad for me.

Thanks for listening my sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Re: anyone else feel mean and egdy before surgrey?

You are feeling the way you are because of the stress you are going through. It is totally understandable. I was pretty angry about the whole surgery thing and even picked a fight with my surgeon as we were going into the operating room. I also lost 7 lbs in the week before surgery due to stress even though I was still eating normally. So stress causes all kinds of reactions and you need to realize that your reactions are totally normal. If you can find an understanding friend or family member that you can talk to, it will help. I had a friend that I am sure was sick of hearing about my upcoming surgery but she never let on. She listened to me every single day for 5 months and it truly helped me get through it. I hope that this helps.
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:58 PM

Hi Melissa,

You are not alone, I have felt/feel Moody and edgy too. I am a single mom of a 5 yr old son and some days actually most days I have no patience for anything. I think it has a lot to do with the constant pain that my head is racing, even little things would aggravate me. It sometimes feels like I can't handle anything else. The good thing is that we are aware of this, I have been working on taking a deep breath before I react. seems to help most times.

i get what you mean about not telling people. I was that way in the beginning too. I don't want the pitty, makes me feel worse. But after a while I felt like I had to tell people who mattered to me, I wanted people to understand why i am always sick and am limited to what i can physically do. the ones that matter support you and the ones that don't, well hell you can go along with my uterus lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 04:39 AM

My surgery is tomorrow and I havent hardly been able to stand myself. I feel really mean and my kids are getting on my nerves BAD and they really arent doint anything they dont normally do. Things will get better for all of us. Once the surgery is over the anxiety will be gone...we hope Good Luck!
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:15 AM

I was edgy and mean. My hubby and I rarely fight and we had a doozy the night before. Even he was stressed too. My daughter has been mean because she feels my stress. It effects everyone. Totally normal, and it's ok to feel that way too. Give yourself permission to be off your game. I'm 2 days post op and the monster-me is gone. Things get better. I promise.
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM

I was a big weepy puddle before my surgery. The stress affects us in different ways. Just do the best you can every day and give yourself permission to lose it a little bit. Pamper yourself with candles and a bath (you can't have a bath post op!) and try to relax. I came right out and asked DH for his patience and support, acknowledged I was a mess, was tryin my best and promised it would get better. It's harder for children to understand though. Telling people is a very personal decision and depends on your own feelings about the surgery and the relationship you have with the person. I told very few people only my family and 4 best friends. No work colleagues know and I didn't let DH tell any of his family. This is a time in your life when it's about YOU and do only what you're comfortable with.
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:43 AM

I am that way, and surgery isnt til March. Its even worse right now than normal since the news that we need to do it sooner rather than later came to light on tues. I knew that there was no chance of another child after the ablation. I prayed for divine intervention. I was upset over something, topped with how upset I am about hysterectomy, and I was a mess of emotions. My husband reacted rather badly and thats completely out of normal.
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:55 AM

Awww thank you "sisters". I feel like a monster but its good to know Im not alone, I just wonder if Im this bad before the surgrey how will I handle it after??

I still havent told many ppl, not in the mood for peoples pitty, or even worse their unwarrented two cents lol,

After the holidays I will let the family and friends in and will be letting my job know, Until then I guess I'll be a lil *****y til then lol.

Thanks again Ladies
Unread 12-18-2011, 04:14 PM

Totally normal hon

I thought I was going to end up "Nigel no friends" but thankfully those that matter cared enough to see through it.

I am recovering and looking forward to getting some kind of normalcy back.

All the best
Unread 12-18-2011, 05:57 PM

Big hugs!!! I agree that it is very normal and understandable. I've been incredibly grouchy and mean as well from pain and the stress/pressure of upcoming surgery. This is BIG stuff we're dealing with and we deserve to treat ourselves with extra grace right now of all times.

Are you able at all to pamper yourself with a massage, pedicure or even a shampoo and blow dry somewhere to help you relax? I have been to my local Massage Envy twice this week and it has REALLY helped me be so much nicer! I'm also indulging in some Bailey's Irish Creme over ice and cheerful holiday music.

Getting support and preparing/setting yourself up for as much help/ease during recovery as possible may also help you feel less stressed and grouchy. I wasn't going to tell anyone then realized I felt so much better having the support. I would want to know if someone I cared about was going through this, so I could be there for them, too.

Hugs and prayers for you my HysterSister, you are not alone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register