HRT or not? have qustions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HRT or not? have qustions HRT or not? have qustions

Unread 12-17-2011, 10:49 PM
HRT or not? have qustions

Hi not sure if this is the spot for this or not - 50 yo just had a TAH on Nov 18/11 they removed everything including my last ovary. Background 22 yrs ago had misscarriage, following year got pregnant again, at 6 weeks started bleeding ultra sound showed healthy fetus and separate blood spot at time they believe I lost a twin, had seccessful birth delivered by emergency c-section (start of the story to the hyster journey ), gained 72 lbs son weighed 7lbs 8 oz and i lost 6 lbs only. I was bigger coming out of hospital than going in. After baby could not lose weight no matter what i did, 2 yrs later have another child by c-section (more scar tissue forms) gained 40 lbs didnt lose any after that birth. Had various issues, anger depression, weight gain no loss,period was absent for almost 6 months, finally one dr did some tests, hormones were "normal" but still no period, then saw a gyno and taha I have polycystic ovarian syndrome diagnosed 2 years AFTER the birth of my second child...not in my head.....bad news have a sepated cyst on my left ovary 2 inches in size, blood work shows 3% chance of cancer surgery set have a laproscopic surgery to remove the ovary - 2 cancer drs in operating room on off chance it comes back cancer....news is good no cancer....news is bad so much scarring inside could happen again if does will remove everything....16 years later they find another cyst on right ovary 4 inches in size....blood work shows no cancer....cyst is watched over 9 months does not go away decision is made to remove ovary, uterus, cervix as once ovaries are gone no need for the rest and will lessen the risk of cancer....so now i have healing from the TAH surgery was a mess with layers and layers of scar tissue, surgery took 4 hours instead of 2 hours they figured....now i have no night sweats which i had prior to surgery, no hot flashes, but the emotions and mood swings have gotten worse mainly the crying....dr says he wants to wait till my hormones balance out as they were out of whack prior to surgery, says he needs to know whether I am hormone resistant or hormone sensitive which i have no clue wht that means....so what are the options, i would perfer natural only issue is i have allergies to some herbs and grases and molds, life lol...any thoughts suggestions hints, what to ask the dr

sorry it is so long but thanks in advance for any help, comments or suggestons...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Re: HRT or not? have qustions

Hi
I see no one responded to your question. I am hardly qualifie to do so either but will share my one experience. I am 54 and was not completely through menopause when my total hyst was complete. Doc and I thought we'd got without HRT given my age. I started having mild but tolerable symptoms. Symptoms got much worse. Crying, insomnia and migraine put me over the top so I started on an estrogen patch. It's only been three weeks - but so far so good. I feel "even" and "stable" and all those symptoms are te gone and I hope they stay gone.

Best of luck to you sister.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Re: HRT or not? have qustions

thanks for the input its all new and unknown territory for me for all of us i will have to weight till dr calls this week hope i can get some answers then

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register