Jan 9 coming way too fast! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jan 9 coming way too fast! Jan 9 coming way too fast!

Unread 12-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Jan 9 coming way too fast!

Hello there! I am 37 years old...and my hysterectomy is scheduled for Jan 9. I joined to find others to talk to, exchange stories, etc.

I have had endometriosis since 19...several lap procedures to get rid of it and now on the schedule to take it all out! mY doctor had suggested years ago to take it all out, but I was not ready..and still do not feel 100 % ready, but the quality of my daily life (depending upon the week) is poor, usually in pain As a mom and a teacher, this is not conducive to my daily schedule. Everyone is sick of me being in pain, including me.

I am slated to have an abdominal hysterectomy given my history. Taking the ovaries is possible, but we agreed that we would wait to see. My doc wants to leave them, but I have indicated that some of my pain is in the ovary area each month. It is like that horrible burnign sensation that lasts for a few days. I also have pain central in the bladder area...and occassionally it feels like a lump there...but always goes away. I have had 2 c sections.

I am very sad to have my ability to have children taken away from me. I don't even know if I can have more children, but it is something about having that option there that would make me happy. I am afraid of how I may feel emotionally afterwards, and have opted for counseling to be proactive. My doc has also prescribed Cymbalta...although I haven't taken it yet.

Anyhow, that's me...and I hope to have some good conversations and inspirations through this process.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Re: Jan 9 coming way too fast!

I think losing the option to have children is emotional. I know that I am not going to have any more and yet giving up that option is a huge step. I had my hysterectomy on Dec. 12th and have no regrets. I have lived in pain daily for 4 years and I am hoping that this helps with that. I will say that by the time I had my hysterectomy, I was 100% ready. This is the best website to read and research and by others sharing their stories, hopefully you can reach a decision that you feel 100% about. Best of luck to you.
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM

My vaginal hysterectomy is scheduled for January 12th and our stories are pretty parallel other than that I have ADENO. I have 2 children, am a teacher, and everyone around me including ME...is sick of me feeling awful...it's just not me I hope we find relief from this...hang in there. I too feel your pain. oh and by the way...it's great that you are getting counseling....I take anti depressants for anxiety...I can FEEL a sense of calm and reason about all of this because of my med....I will pray for you as I am done having children this seems easier for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 10:03 AM

My surgery is scheduled for Jan 9 also. I am having a total hysterectomy. I was never able to have children but understand the emotional impact of that option being taken away. I am a teacher also. Nice to know that someone else will be going through the procedure at the same time. I will keep you in my thoughts. Take Care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register