Sexual Relations post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sexual Relations post op Sexual Relations post op

Unread 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Sexual Relations post op

I haven't seem to found a thread on this subject...

If you are like me ( very high libido pre surgery ) and this waiting period is Killing me!!! I'm curious to see how soon you all got back to business I am talking to Sista's like myself who Really Enjoy Sex on a Consistent basis

I don't think I've gone an entire 6 weeks or more without having sex. I've given birth to 4 children and got back into the swing of things before 6 weeks.

Ladies?? Any thoughts? I know I read absolutely Nothing in your vagina for 6 weeks...I get that. No oral...oookaaayy. What about anal? Has anyone tried that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Re: Sexual Relations post op

Well, All I can say is that while I was interested in sex before 6 weeks, there was no way in the world I would have really attempted it. And since you were blunt, I will be too, no I don't think anal is a good idea.

The point is pelvic rest, so any activity in that area will cause the pelvis to not be at rest. You can ask your doctor, but I would guess that no, it will not be allowed either. You body needs to heal, and rest will allow it to heal best.

I know, my drive went through the roof right after surgery, but be patient, it will be worth the wait. I can speak from my own experience. We waited the full 6 weeks, got the ok from the doctor and it has been wonderful! Seriously, wonderful! Better than it has been in many years.
Unread 12-19-2011, 06:22 PM

That was definitely NOT on my "approved activities" list...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 08:50 PM

My Dr gave me the 8 week limit. It was lifted today!!!!! I asked pre op about what I could do and when-nothing in the vagina for 8 weeks, no anal (complete pelvic rest) for 8 weeks, oral and masturbation only after an okay from my 2 week-ish post op. I did some handy work at 3 weeks. My drive was just as intense but I physically was not up to an orgasm until week 3. It was spectacular BTW. The wait is long but very worth it.
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the responses Sistas! =) Sharona19....Thank You! I didn't think we could do oral....I was curious if anyone else had tried anal...I did and it was pain free and awesome! I was a little nervous to see if there would be any difference from before surgery. I did wake in the middle of the night with pains in my shoulder and arm that were bad enough to keep me from sleeping..not sure if it was the sex or the super syrupy dessert wine, as I'd had this kind of feeling before that feels like it's running through my veins around my shoulders when I drink alcohol...not a big drinker. However, the pain also reminded me a bit of the gas pain I had right after surgery from my doc trying the laparoscopic first. Ended up having an abdominal...also, I have already pleasured myself several times the 2nd week of post op (no penetration..clitoral only) and have had no side effects...except stress relief and euphoria ~
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:12 PM

Anybody know when "oral" is safe?
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM

you need to check with your doctor before trying any sexual activity.
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:43 PM

Day 9 Post Op, my drive is there, but my body isn't ready. I'm still much to sore to find the idea appealing right now.

My concern with anal or oral prior to internal healing is completed is the possibility of bacteria transferring into the vagina through casual contact. (If it can cause UTIs, I'm sure it can cause infections in healing tissue)

It's going to be a long 6-8 weeks in my bedroom, but it'll be worth it to wait. I'm really excited about having sex without pain for the first time in YEARS! And not being turned on by seeing my husband walk in the room, only to sigh and say "It's going to be a huge mess". lol
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM

I am 4 weeks post op today and have we were cleared for sex at my 2 week post op but have been careful. I have to admit that tonight we were not as "careful" as we had been over the last 2 weeks and tonight was the first time that I cried NOT because it hurt. I honestly think I had forgotten that it is supposed to feel good and not hurt.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wait until you are given the OK it is so worth it but also listen to your body !!!!
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:18 AM

Ok another one of those HORRIFYING information in a good way.... for me...

I can't walk accross the room i'm so ****** I've tried to attack my husband while i was asleep!!!

friends KNOW and don't help, cause they make comments and omg at least i'm laughing about it.... so that is helping a little...

But... I do not want to do anything to cause any issues.. at all.. I've been so sick for so long, I dont' want to end up more problems instead of all better ....

I appreciated letting her and me by proxy know how WONDERFUL! it is after... but.. lol omg that makes it worse SHHH!!!! lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register