LSH/BSO OutPatient | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH/BSO OutPatient LSH/BSO OutPatient

Unread 12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
LSH/BSO OutPatient

Hi, i will have my surgery tomorrow. I see most have a night in the castle. My Dr. Whom i have complete faith in, will send me home late in the afternon. I am knid of concerned. Any one this done as an out patient? Words of encouragement welcome! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Re: LSH/BSO OutPatient

I did not, but I had a total abdominal hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. My hospital stay was 3 1/2 days.

I have heard of other women who had similar surgery to you and have gone home the same day. Hopefully some will chime in with their experiences and suggestions.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:19 PM

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 09:15 AM

I am scheduled for tomorrow for an LSH and will be doing it outpatient also. They told to pack a bag, just in case, bur o not anticipate staying. It made me a little nervous at first, but at least I can sleep in my own bed. Best of luck to you!
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:18 AM

I had a TLH/BSO (a little more extensive than LSH) and the doc offered me the option of going home that night; I was well enough to, but we agreed that since I've had past complications and the insurance was approved, it was wisdom to keep me overnight.

That said, looking back on it, I wish I could have spent one extra night not having to "do" anything (including lay flat in a bed; the hospital beds do have advantages)

It really all depends on you and how you feel though...
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:25 AM

If you need more time, they always have the option to keep you overnight---that happened with my BSO. So you do have a backup there. As long as you can meet all the criteria, good pain control, can eat, OK with catheter out, can walk, going home same day is getting more common. Do speak up if you don't feel ready. Best wishes it all goes well.
Unread 12-20-2011, 12:48 PM

I had mine yesterday and was determined to come home to my own bed. Feeling pretty good, but wish I would have stayed there last night. Better pain management and I felt bad asking my husband to help me al the time.
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Hi gwaROX,
Did you end up coming home tonight after your LSH? I am having mine on the 22nd and my doctor plans on sending me home the same day if I feel ready too.
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:10 PM

I had an LSH/BSO and was glad I was able to stay overnight. Just gave me a feeling of security in case something went wrong. After all, it is major surgery.

If you don't feel up to going home, let them know.
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:38 AM

Yes, I did come home the same day. It was a difficult (painful) ride home. I live almost an hour away from the surgery center. I did feel rushed to get up & get out of there. However, after I got home, it was fabulous to be in my own bed. I tink it would have been better if I would have been an earlier case. My surgery started at 12:20 and I was out the door at 4:30! Also, I wouldn't recommend a car ride any longer than 15 minutes. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register