post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
post op

Wow. It's done Dec 9th 2011. I guess I'm doing well ... a little sore. Was feeling great on the 17 & 18 then I confronted the constipation ... OMG That was bad. The pain after surgery was mild. I went in the or @ 9 & got out @ 10:10. Doc said it was text book style. He took all my junk. Both overies Tubes & uterus were enlarged & needed to be taken out. I'm havin a hell of a time stayin out of the kitchen, doing the floors & etc. Kids are trying to help me stay off my feet. I still get up & wonder around. Stir crazy I guess. I wonder tho, When do the hot flashes & mood swings begin? I live in Florida so it may just be the weather but good God almighty I'm sweating bullets. Doc says hold off on jumping jacks & skipping rope for another week or so. Thanks for all the support pre op & well wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Re: post op

I'm glad everything went well. I had my TAH the same day as you. My hot flashes started the 11th and the mood swings towards the end of last week. All in all things are going decent right now. I need to go get some black cohosh. My Dr. recommended trying it for the hot flashes.
Unread 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Glad to hear things went well with your surgery!!

As far as the hot flashes and other menopause symptoms, everyone is different. I started having the night sweats the first night I was home, so about 4 days post-op. Some women have them almost immediately.

It is so great to hear your upbeat tone!! Even though you are feeling pretty well, PLEASE take it easy for a while. It takes quite awhile to heal on the inside! (up to a year, actually)! Right now is not the time to be doing the kitchen floors, it is the time to

So, kick back, let your kids help you out and rest as much as possible. Hope you continue to feel well during the rest of your recovery!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemike View Post
Wow. It's done Dec 9th 2011. I guess I'm doing well ... a little sore. Was feeling great on the 17 & 18 then I confronted the constipation ... OMG That was bad. The pain after surgery was mild. I went in the or @ 9 & got out @ 10:10. Doc said it was text book style. He took all my junk. Both overies Tubes & uterus were enlarged & needed to be taken out. I'm havin a hell of a time stayin out of the kitchen, doing the floors & etc. Kids are trying to help me stay off my feet. I still get up & wonder around. Stir crazy I guess. I wonder tho, When do the hot flashes & mood swings begin? I live in Florida so it may just be the weather but good God almighty I'm sweating bullets. Doc says hold off on jumping jacks & skipping rope for another week or so. Thanks for all the support pre op & well wishes

Hi, I also had my TAH on December 9th, 2011. I am doing pretty well. Still sore if try to move around too much. Slept on my side for the first time last night (when I do sleep) having problems sleeping for very long a time. The doctor had to remove several adhesions on my left side on my ovary and on my bowels, but otherwise went fine. My thirteen year is helping me around the house since he is out of school for the Christmas break. I started having MAJOR hot flashes about the 2nd day post op. I am getting kind of bored just laying around though. I haven't had any mood swings yet though. Have you noticed the area around your incision site seems to be a lot warmer than the other other areas of you body? I keep a pillow on my abdomen all the time and whenever I flip the pillow it feels like a heating pad it is so hot. I will admit I am doing a lot than I thought I would with this. I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer

'92 LAP for Endo
'94 LAP for Endo
'97 LAP for Endo
'00 LAP for Endo
'06 LAP for Endo
'11 TAH (38)
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Yeah a little hot spot thing going on. Where you live at? I'm guessing Florida isn't the best place to be for hot flashes ... lol. Did you have constipation thing? I felt great incisions & all until I had to strain for the restroom. Now my tummy is killing me.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:41 PM

I live in Georgia, not much better. Yeah the constipation thing was really bad and the first bm I had hurt so bad, thought I would be in the bathroom forever. I had my hubby buy me some prunes and have eaten almost the whole bag, eating 4 to 6 of them a day and it REALLY helped a lot with the constipation, it does get better...I rub my stomach or try putting some ice on it, that helped me too...
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:48 PM

SOY is great mixed with the black kohosh for menopausal symptoms.my friend thats an herbalist recommends mixing these 2 but they wont regulate herbs cause they dont work same for everybody.just try not to be too bored laying around,i was bored out of my skull but every time i would feel really good i would get up and do things and i would literally suffer for it in the afternoon/evening time.BE CAREFUL.watch your activities no matter how good you feel.remember we cant see internal healing.i wish we could.after my TAH i felt better the 1st 2 weeks than the last 2 weeks and i thinkits where i just couldnt stay laying down.i cramped so bad from doing too much.but i swear i felt so good,point is dont let your mind fool you,your body has had major surgery and you'll just end up hurtingmore longer if you dont lay around.try walking around your home it really helps,especially with gas and constipationplus the cabin fever.also you need a heating pad that really really helped with belly pain.i would stick mine down my pj bottoms and it was so very soothing.TO ALL----,I HOPE FOR A SAFE,RELAXING AND SPEEDY RECOVERY.P.S. I AM NOT MISSING MY MONTHLY GIFT

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register