scared doesnt even begin to cover it - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared doesnt even begin to cover it scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Unread 12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Re: scared doesnt even begin to cover it

teeth-LOL!

I just had surgery a few days ago. My Dr informed me that my spouse talked to him soley about hormones while I was in recovery and also sex-men!
I'm perfectly fine waiting many months to try sex again-esp since I lost my cervix. I was assured that in time all will be normal, just be patient and don't rush anything other than Dr.'s orders and how you feel should be #1 also-if Dr says go ahead in 6-8 weeks and you are not ready, than you are not ready. Love is patient I say, esp with this.

I also just purchased and downloaded the mrhystersisters booklet for my husband to read as I think he will better understand how I am feeling or behaving if he reads it first. Today I cried alone as I had no food no one home to help me, and I felt like a total bother to my kids, but if I told husband I cried, he'd just think I was being normal emotional, and this is so much more than that, but if he reads it, he will surely get it more I hope, so I suggest it to educate the man in your life.

Keep looking on this site-I found it the BEST help ever preop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Thanx for the info I'm having a hard time navigating this site since I don't have a computer and am using my phone
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:35 PM

my best friend had TVH about 4 years ago and she said it was the best decision of her life.she said it was painful and the healing is slow but in the long run it was the best.this website really helps .you feel like you're part of a big extended family.its women helping women.she said the sex was a lot better than before and it didnt ever bother her but made things better and its not regular teeth--- it's--- the jaws of life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 07:45 PM

The jaws of life that's amazing. I'm very much ok with doing this I just feel ill informed and the few insensative comments I get about daily are taking a toll on my emotions. I've only known since yesterday that it was actually happening but 11 years of cancer cells is enough for me. When I was first referred to an actual gyno a few weeks ago was when the comments started. But dealing with 4-6 paps a year(not mentioning the over 7 biopsies and multiple freezings of my crevix) from the age 16 to 27 is more than enough for me to be almost relieved that they can even do this. I am a lot more emotional than I thought I would be though. I do have children and got a tubal 5 years ago so I'm ok with the no more babies part. There's just so much more than I thought now.......not fond of not being in control of my emotions
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Charliedawn,
I had a TVH done this last Friday the 16th and let me tell you I was scared and being a naturally nervous person did not help. Just express your fear and any conern you have with any part of the procedure. I am freaked out by IV's and have had a couple 15 years ago, but still scared. The unknown is the worse part, I woke up with just some mild cramps and the next day nothing but a bit achy , did not use the vicadin prescribed at all when I went home... I do have some numbness on the right side by my inner thigh and hip, but am told this will go away in a couple months, due to the spinal they tell me. And of course it scares me, but I did ok and I am a chicken, and you will too girl!!!!!!!! This is an awesome site, we all need a pat on the back and someone to talk to that knows. You will be fine, just breath and think of neat happy thoughts, we are with you! (:
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:27 PM

I am really liking this site. A lot actually. Thank you went west. I think the hardest part is just finding someone who can relate to. Talk this through with. Not like I can just start calling friends to see how to cope.
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM

it would be good if you could start a thread and ask women about losing their ovaries and get some good input that way.i hope to keep mine cause i am already a very opinionated,strong-willed,high-strung woman.my mom had everything took 20 years ago and she was on HRT for a very long time and she said she thought it was BETTER than her natural hormones.it improved my parent sexlives immensely.but i think you should try to start thread and asked women their opinion,just ask women who've had their ovaries took.good luck and i'll say a prayer for you and your family
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:34 PM

Christinatas
I am keeping my overies thankfully....I to am opinionated and stubborn as a mule. I started this thread looking for information in general because I was given very little. Thank you sooo much for your advice and input it has helped. My prayers are with you as well. : )
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:39 PM

Hey! I also had a LAVH on the 13th and I am 27 also! I lost both my uterus and cervix due to carcinoma in situ and severe pelvic pain, and was also tired of the multiple paps, biopsies, and Leeps. I can honestly say that this was the best decision I ever made. I woke up and had minor surgical pain but the deep pelvic pain was gone. I went home the next day and my recovery has been super smooth! I haven't been sad because I lost my uterus because I was already blessed with children. The only pain I have really had was trying to go poop (sorry if TMI!) but that has straightened itself out now. My youngest daughter is 22 months and ran up and slapped my stomach and that brought a tear to my eye! Ouch! So the best advice I can give you is keep a small pillow on your stomach at all times, it will help if you cough, sneeze, or laugh! Also I ended up keeping a pillow in my bathroom because I got sick from the pain meds and it helped "hold" my stomach in place while I got sick, also helps with other bathroom functions! But being only a week out, I feel great! My incisions don't hurt but they are getting a little itchy due to the glue. I am not taking any pain meds and only take Advil occasionally to help with the pressure on my vaginal cuff. That's it! As far as sex goes, I was told it would have no impact on my sex drive, and I can contest that it has already came back! I am actually looking forward to having sex that won't hurt! Lol if you have any questions please feel free to message me! Good luck to you!!
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:45 PM

That gives me much hope thanks so much

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register