scared doesnt even begin to cover it - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared doesnt even begin to cover it scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Re: scared doesnt even begin to cover it

I am with Danni. I had an easy recovery. I never filled my narcotics prescription and went back to work in 2 weeks. I still get tired late in the day but that's it. I took 2 Ibuprofen the whole 6 weeks of recovery.

About the sex thing. I read on here that you do have orgasms but they are not the same. Our uterus contracts during one making the whole body shudder thing but once it's removed you have more of a clitoral orgasm. I am single and haven't tried anything yet but that's what others have said. Hope this helps the original topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM

i know when i went for 6 weeks chkup which was actually 5 weeks dr.said i should be 100% better.i asked what he'd been smoking.lol.he released me but kept me on pain pills.dont make much sense to me but i am glad others havent had much issues with pain.i wish i could've had easier procedure
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM

I love this site! I go on Thurs for my hyster.....so scared! I suffer from anxiety and that has made me so sick.....ready for this to be over with!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Hi

Can I just say like others - this web site is the place to be the internet is full of horrors which you cannot possibly take in as extreme because how you are feeling is "terrified". I imagine most of us would agree it is a very scary place to be - but I can tell you that it takes a while but after you will feel better. and the sex ............................ well to be truthful I cant tell the difference !!
So be afraid - thats normal - but remember that there are lots of people who can help support you through this and a good recovery - Big hug !
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM

I had my da vinci complete hysterectomy on December 1st and have had very few problems. I would recommend this procedure to anyone as the recovery is easier. The pre-op bowel prep was probably my worst experience. I have stairs at home and worried about navigating, but I was able to go up and down stairs from the 1st day home from the hospital. Don't be scared, everyone (including this website) is very supportive. The surgery will be much better than worrying about cancer. That's why I had my surgery too.
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM

Yea I'm counting down days and hoping that I can keep myself together. I have to remind myself that I have to do this because if I don't I won't go. I hate drs. Every last one of them and tend to blow off appointments until things are soo bad that I end up hospitalized. Which has happened on many many occasions. The closer it gets the more I panic. I'm slowly finding myself shutting people out. I'm emotionally shut down. Not good. My theripist says I'm walking dynimite. Ummm crap! I need help!
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:05 PM

Try to focus on other things. Scrub the floors, the shower stall, cook and stock up in groceries. If anyone important to you has a birthday coming up, go get their card or gift now. Get organized with DVDs, books, puzzle books, magazines to occupy you post op. Take a long hot bath, you can only have showers until you're cleared post op. I found the waiting difficult but yet the time did seem to fly by. If you're unable to sleep or function well, your doctor may prescribe some Ativan to help out. I took it the last few days before my surgery otherwise I wouldn't have stopped crying. You can do this! We will see you safely on the other side.
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM

I should probably talk to my dr about something. Seeing my previous history with depression its prolly best to catch it now. My daughter turns 11 on the 18th. I have big plans for that day were going to get p ampered. Hair, mani/pedi shopping movie and dinner. Idk I guess it may just be easier for me to vent here because there's no one to judge or say its fine or what ever else. My bf is on his way out I can't handle his selfish ness right now. This is about me not him. And on new years eve his mother opened her mouth about him not having kids. Well ya know what ***** I can't help it. I'm to a point where I know that I can't give him the things he wants in life and I feel like a bad person for staying with him and taking that away. Idk I'm a flipping mess and I'm just holding it in so my kids don't see it. They panic when I'm upset.
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Oh sweetie, know that your anxiety and stress, depression is so normal-I too have had to hide it in the past from my kids for the same reasons you state.
I too almost cancelled this proceedure, but I can honestly tell you that the pre-surgery stress was making me far worse than the post op recovery. I'm glad I did it though I didn't expect to be laid up as much as I am, davinci was awesome as far as being able to walk around and be mobile much,much easier than traditional cut and also less scaring and far less pain-this is so doable, and you CAN do this and you can write on here all day long if you need to after it's done with all your questions, ramblings, concerns, as we all do and I can say it has helped me get through this as I don't like to talk to my husband or anyone really as this is just personal but everyone here gets it completely and we love and support you 100%.
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM

I actually did have to go to my holistic doc about the stress and depression. It has helped and made the inevitable more bearable. I am sorry you are dealing with an insensitive SO. But like you said it is time to think about what is best for you!! My DH is also having issues with this he has now taken to sleeping on the coach! Thank goodness for our sisters here, their support. We can make it to the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register