Achy hips/pelvis area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Achy hips/pelvis area Achy hips/pelvis area

Unread 12-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Achy hips/pelvis area

I am 12 days post-op and have aches in my hips and pelvis. As they ache I notice annoying, shooting pains too. What is this? I have walked, only around the house, without overdoing it. Just normal aches and healing pains? I finally took some pain meds, hoping to rest it away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Re: Achy hips/pelvis area

It is fairly normal to have some aches and pains...especially this early in your recovery. You are doing the right thing by getting up and walking. That will help a lot! Drink plenty of water and keep ahead of your pain.

It does get better, I promise!!

Unread 12-20-2011, 04:01 PM

I almost gasped when I read this. I am in agony today with hip and thigh pain, from mid thigh to belly button. It aches so much that even pain meds aren't working. I feel horrible. It has been happening off and on but today is the worst. My incision is still open or I'd soak in a hot bath. What causes it I wonder? I might have done too much yesterday. If you get answers, please share. For now, it helps to know I am not alone. PS...I am at 20 days postop w a TAH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 06:51 PM

Tennessee, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'll verify that it's all "part of the process", which I'm predicting to be the case. With the hip aches came a tiny bit of light pink blood...again, not worried but this is the first of any of that. I went for some laps around the house, while i waited for my pain meds to kick in...it was a bit painful but things are calming down a bit now. The achiness was pretty obnoxious. I had a TLH but my stomach has been super tender for two days right at my pantyline, odd...if I didn't know better I'd swear I had been cut all across. I'm going to ask what's up with that too...not actually worried, as I'm sure it is "part of the process" but I figure I have to get out of my pajamas...so I might as well ask 50 questions.
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:06 PM

I wore my PJ pants to several of my doctors appointments! I had bought some pretty stretchy ones and I wore them with a black or blue t-shirt. No one ever knew.

Keep resting and walking and resting...
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:03 PM

I am 4 weeks post op today and 8 days post op from my repair surgery. Initially after my first surgery I had achy pains in my hips and waist too. I think that is a normal part of the healing process. But I was also noticing that even my sweat pants were making me ache so I also went and bought some leggings. The belly in them wasn't as tight as an elastic waist band and I felt so much better. After my #2 surgery I made the huge mistake of wearing jeans 4 days later and for the next 48 hours my hips and belly were in very bad pain. So I would say try not to put any extra pressure on your belly even if it is an elastic band. Leggings are much better and can be worn out ofthe house without anyone noticing
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:00 AM

I had my 2 week checkup today and had to have a light exam (yikes) due to achy hips/pelvic area. Cuff is ok but there is a lot of inflammation. I was told to get off of my feet when crampy, although I've taken it pretty easy. I was also told to take my pain/anti-inflammatory pill every 8 hours, whether needed or not for 7 straight days, scaling back...if better...to two and then on down to one. I was instructed to not increase activities, just some easy does it walking, if cramping begins to rest a while. No driving still but I got to take off those pesky anti-embolism stockings!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register