Jan 9 surgery and getting worried - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jan 9 surgery and getting worried Jan 9 surgery and getting worried

Unread 12-28-2001, 07:06 PM
Your story is so familar..........

Hang in there Browneyes! Your story is pretty much identical to mine. The doctor just sort of stumbled upon all my "nasty stuff", I was just complaining about heavy periods and PMS. I never complained about pain. When the ultrasound results came back I think we were both shocked. I had an enlarged uterus, fibrods, and two large tumors (one with some abnormalties and made her suspect cancer.......test were wrong though fortunately and it was just the endo that was messing up levels)

I had my day in the castle on 12/11 and I can not believe how great I feel just 2 1/2 weeks later. I guess maybe I didn't realize how bad I felt before.......I mean I knew I was always tired, back aches, rotten periods etc....etc....etc..... Now I can see the light!

I'm so glad I found this site and read everything possible before hand......I felt so prepared and READY. I can never give this site enough thanks.

Oh and here is my way of thinking......all the stuff they take out was never seen anyway so I just tend to forget that it's missing. You are a wonderful and special person and your DH sounds like a prince. So just lean on his strong shoulders and come visit the great women here whenever you need anything and you'll do just fine.

Sorry this is so long...........2 1/2 weeks and I'm a bit bored. Also just wanted to try to give something back to this site and it has giving me so much support while waiting (which is DEFINITELY the worst part!).

Let us hear from you when you're up and about Browneyes and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2001, 12:03 PM
Jan 9 surgery and getting worried

I also had my TAH/BSO on 12/11 but I'm writing to tell you Jan. 9 is a great day because it's my birthday! So I'm sure you all will have great experiences!

The waiting is truly the worst. At 18 days post-op I feel like I could ride my horse - but I think I'll wait a few more weeks!
Unread 12-29-2001, 12:50 PM

Hi Browneyes!

AWWWWW You have a sweet DH!

I can identify with you on mourning the loss of your uterus. I went through all the same feelings. On November 19th, I got my surgery date. Prior to this, I had a vaginal ultrasound. The ultrasound tech. kept commenting on how many eggs I had....and OH! Look at that big one! So, not only did I mourn the loss of my uterus, I also mourned the loss of all my lil' eggs that would never be fertilized. My DH had a vasectomy 7 years ago, so it wasn't like I would be having anymore children. But...it made me blue nontheless.

I have since gotten over that part of it. I can hoestly say, I am ready to be on the other side (post-op). All of this waiting is torture!

Best of luck to you! You will be in my thoughts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2001, 03:59 PM

Hi,
I wrote earlier..I am a Jan 9 princess. And the reason for this one is that I have to be honest with everyone. I have turned in to an absolute b****. I can not understand why. It is like PMS multiplied by many. I have yelled at my kids and husband for no real reason. And I am already feeling as if I won't get any help. But my 17 year old daughter will be wonderful. She is already out of school and has a drivers license. My DH is a firefighter and he has a hard time getting off work. It is like I am feeling sorry for myself and I don't understand it.

I just wish I could have the surgery tomorrow. This waiting is killing me. And about to turn my family against me.

Help!

Blondie
Unread 12-30-2001, 01:26 PM

Blondie, believe me, I know exactly how you are feeling. I had 6 weeks from the time I scheduled surgery and surgery date. It was really the longest 6 weeks of my life!!! I know I was very difficult to live with. I know I was also dealing with some very physical issues - I had a period that went on for about 4 weeks, and that made me very weak and tired. I worried about anything and everything. Please try to relax, take some time to do some nice things for yourself, and before you know it, your day will be here, and then you can join us on the other side. Hang in there - it is almost over.

Thoughts and prayers,

Jane
Unread 12-30-2001, 03:04 PM

Thanks Jane,
I am the one who put the date off til after the new year cause of Christmas and all. Now I wish I had just gone ahead and done it. But it is only about 9 days away and I have alot to get done. I talked to my family this morning and I assured them that it will get better and that all of this is not permanent.

You are right, the waiting is the worst part. My husband did take me out for brunch this morning so I think he understands and still loves me.

Thanks again, Blondie
Unread 12-30-2001, 07:48 PM
Browneyes

I can't believe you haven't had this surgery already--it must be uncomfortable to have that size of a growth! And, personally, if you are already a breast cancer survivor, I think you are doing the right thing by getting your uterus and ovary (or ovaries) out. I recently had my uterus out because my doctor said there is a small, but real, cancer link between the uterus and breast. We have a horrible family history, and I am SO GLAD I had the surgery.

I lost five pounds in the hospital (hah!) and haven't put it back on yet. Just a little perk!

PS--I am really glad I only had 12 days notice on my surgery. I don't think I could have waited much longer. The waiting was awful!
Unread 12-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Jan. 6th

Hi Blondie38
I too am from the Antelope Valley and am having surgery on Sunday the 6th...maybe we will be in the same room?...
See ya there!! I personally cannot wait to have this surgery..I have three fibroids and my uterus is about 14-16 weeks in size...I have gained 23 lbs. since July and didn't know why until Sept...now I know....can't wait to get back to a normal life with a flat tummy....

Dottie

:confettie:
Unread 12-30-2001, 09:39 PM

Antelope Valley? My dad used to own property in Lucerne Valley, which was absolutely nothing at the time (and probably still is). Small world! I know that Antelope Valley has really grown since I remember it back in the 1950's and 1960's!

My dh and I escaped So Cal in 1983 because it just got to be too crowded!! Your area is probably still really peaceful, however.
Unread 12-30-2001, 11:15 PM

Hi Dottie,
I am having surgery in Lancaster Community Hosp...by choice. What about you? Who is your Doctor? I am getting very anxious and I guess kind of looking forward to get it over with.

Anyway, my biggest fibroid is about 5 cm and one other smaller one. But I have been having uncontrollable bleeding for two months now. And with that of course comes terrible cramps and pain. I do have a cyst on left ovary but it is small and he wants to keep it in, so we will see.

Let me know how it goes for you (Sunday is an odd day for surgery)! Good luck.

Blondie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register