Jan 9 surgery and getting worried - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jan 9 surgery and getting worried Jan 9 surgery and getting worried

Unread 01-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Jan.9th too

Hello all and happy healthy new year,

I am also scheduled for Jan. 9th TAH/BSO, for adeno/endo and I am also getting ansy. I am one who will look for something to worry about and after that's settled I start looking for something else. Anyway, I've been through the what if's 1st about the insurance co. approving the surgery to the HRT and all the what if's that go along with that and now about making it through the surgery to will DH really be a prince and so on and so on.
So I guess I'm not that abynormal after all. Anyway I posted last week sometime about cancelling the surgery do to all the what if's, and got a lovely reminder why I need to do this in the first place. I got one last visit from my monthly friend and it was almost worse this time than many others, going through 3 super plus absorbancys 3 x an hour. I sure won't miss that, DH said we should have bought stock in tampax. I am also so bloated I feel like I'm going to pop, my uterus is only the size of an 11 week pregnanacy I can't even imagine 5 or 6 months. I've only gotten a few items so far and as far as cloths I hit some local thrift shops and found alot of nice items cheap, since I probably won't be using them afterward I did't want to spend alot .

I am a little concerned on what types of food to buy for myself when I'm home during the day that I could pop into the micro like
healthy choice meals and soups, maybe I'll make some tuna salad on tues. also heard alot about avoiding gassy foods , I know beans, and broccoli are very bad on the intestines any other suggestions on fresh fruits and veggies that will be easy on the stomache? And also on what to avoid would be much appreciated .

God bless and will keep you all in my prayers.

Cadetta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Jan 9 surgery and getting worried

You want to watch your sodium intake as well--no one likes to be bloated!! I have to get off because my daughter wants the computer.
Unread 01-02-2002, 02:03 PM

Best of luck Browneyes
...and to all of the other princesses expected at the castle next week...I too am going on the 8th for TAV/BSO...so we will be in each other's thoughts.
I had a laporoscopy on Nov. 13th, to view a cyst on my ovary, but to my surprise and that of my DR....there was a mess in there, lots of adhesions; everything stuck to each other, including my bowel and bladder...so I don't have much choice in the procedure.
I have had many emotions since I found out...mostly fear and a sense of loss...but this site has been so very helpful...I felt so alone prior to finding the Hyster site...as I am the first of my friends to undergo this procedure, so although they have been very supportive...it just isn't quite the same as sharing actual stories.
Again, good luck everyone and lets share a prayer together!!

p.s. What is a tummy pillow?

Derood (Carla)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2002, 02:05 PM

Best of luck Browneyes
...and to all of the other princesses expected at the castle next week...I too am going on the 8th for TAV/BSO...so we will be in each other's thoughts.
I had a laporoscopy on Nov. 13th, to view a cyst on my ovary, but to my surprise and that of my DR....there was a mess in there, lots of adhesions; everything stuck to each other, including my bowel and bladder...so I don't have much choice in the procedure.
I have had many emotions since I found out...mostly fear and a sense of loss...but this site has been so very helpful...I felt so alone prior to finding the Hyster site...as I am the first of my friends to undergo this procedure, so although they have been very supportive...it just isn't quite the same as sharing actual stories.
Again, good luck everyone and lets share a prayer together!!

p.s. What is a tummy pillow?

Derwood (Carla)
Unread 01-02-2002, 02:30 PM

A tummy pillow is what you use to press down on your belly when you cough, sneeze, bend over, etc., anything where a little pressure on your belly feels good. When you leave the hospital, you'll want to put it between you and the seat belt to gently cushion bumps and sudden stops. I bought my special pillow here on Hyster Sisters, but I'm not sure you'd have time for that. I strongly recommend it, though - now I use it for a neat little tote bag!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register