how many internal stitches?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how many internal stitches?? how many internal stitches??

Unread 12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
how many internal stitches??

I'm half curious myself, the other half thinks it will help my work understand that I am not going to bounce back to them in a few short weeks if I can tell them "I have # of internal stitches!"

Anyone have a clue? I had davinci, took uterus, cervix, tubes, ovaries. I know I had a lot of bleeding that prolonged the procedure.

I can't help but be scared when I go #2 as easily as I can that I am feeling the vaginal cuff stitches and that is what hurts so badly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Re: how many internal stitches??

I asked my doc and he said "hundreds" So lots!
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:33 PM

I know with my employer, she wants a doctors OK before I can return to work. There is a reason for 4-6 weeks of healing. Just because you have a few little cuts on your abdomen, they have to remember what has happened inside! I can feel some strain when I have a bowl movement as well. Doctor put me on stool softeners once a day. I've found that having a small bench next to the toilet to put my feet on, makes it a bit more comfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2011, 01:02 PM

wow ladies. THANK YOU for sharing ... i know on the outside it looks like i was poked a couple times in the belly but boy its still tender... tomorrow is my post op appt with my GYN.... going to ask this one so i can share with DH and give him a better idea.. he is great but i feel like i am being left to fend for myself more than i expected.... then again i am sooo independent i gues i have to graciously accpet the help..
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:39 PM

After my Dec 12 surgery i was told i have a "million" internal stitches by the doctor, but I had a TAH with about 4 inch vertical incision. endometriosios with large uterine fibroid, hydronephrosis, and a stint put in cause of a lot of stuff going on You are probably experiencing heavy gas pain too. It took a while for me to have a bowel movement drinking fiber mixture helps but still painful take a deep breath. Relax it will take a while to heal from the inside. You dont want to push yourself and have a bigger problem that will take you longer to recover and be out of work longer..
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:20 PM

had my post op appt yesterday and am exhausted just going out... still cant drive. also doc said she only did 2-3 stiches in the fascia with the davinci she cauterized everything. WOW. so no stiches but lots of burns healing inside.... i do have vaginal stiches due to the bladder repairs ... hang in there ladies... We will make it through this...
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:27 PM

he told me at todays post op everything was cauterized also except for the cervix/vaginal cuff. He said the thread was "this long!" lol, and barbed, and he just went back and forth until it was all used up.
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:06 AM

Kathy... wow isnt is amazing what the docs can do now. i kept my cervix also and my doc said she cauterized the heck out of it. LOL i giggled because i called her in a panic the day before my surgery worried about mini periods .... i have always had a male GYn who was wonderful but he did not do the new davinci srugery and recommended her saying he would send his wife to her. there is something to be said to having the understanding of a WOMAN. have a Merry Christamas everyone! Let the family take over this year...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register