home alone post-op? think sadly so! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home alone post-op? think sadly so! home alone post-op? think sadly so!

Unread 12-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Re: home alone post-op? think sadly so!

The deaconesses at my church deliver meals for stuff like this. I keep adding more to pre op list! Foods easy on the stomach in case, and so on. I hope i remember to move a chair next to the bed to get in n out easier! I know my friends will help. I got a list! And in the case one is unable, one of the 7. Should be able too. And I'm not asking the same person all the time! thanks again for all your support!!

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2011, 10:52 PM

We'll all be here for moral support, stay strong, you can do this, girlfriend! Wishing you health and strength!
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:24 AM

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2011, 06:21 PM

I just went through mine alone (ok with one dog). Many of the other posts are spot on. I have friends and step parents that drop by but not unexpected. They wait for me to call and tell them what I need. The biggest help has been food preparation. I got lucky during the holidays because now I have a ton of good food being delivered and served if need be. I keep a pill splitter/ crusher handy as I found out it's difficult to swallow the pain med. Make sure your toilet paper is readily accessible. And gauge how much effort it takes to open certain doors or cabinets that you may need to open. I take my laundry to the washer after each shower so I am not carrying a load- ever. My friends come over and transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer. I have them replace my dog's water as I keep it in a very large bin that is hard to lift and clean. Recommend keeping an electric blanket or extra pillows for comfort. Remember you might not have someone that can bring you an extra blanket when you get cold. It's good to know I'm not the only one doing this solo! You'll do great!
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM

As weird as it sounds one of my biggest concerns is healing with my cat! He has a new habit of waking ne at 4am. Jumps on me, litter, food, water. I could go to my parents but not sure about that either (now that it is scheduled end.of Jan) but, my adopted brow who is 5, not so sure. He has "issues" and he is a big kid. I can totally see him jumping on me, or a elbow in the stomach just climbing up, and its a very active and loud house. I think Jade and me will have to.figure things out. A hyper 5 year old who doesn't know his own strength, well is more dangerous than my cat. Just this waking me up at 4am everyday needs to.stop. i got a Granger and a friend is going to do the care sight so friends can bring me meals and such. I have already been arranging things around for surgery! I made three yummy pillows. (A girls gotta have options!) Thankfully I'm off with pay this week, then back to.work from Jan 2nd to Jan 27th. Then its well almost surgery time!

Tina
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM

*grabber auto correct strikes AGAIN
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:44 PM

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I used a pill splitter for my pain med. Please use caution if you decide to use one because some pills cannot be split or crushed. Make sure to ask your doctor prior to use. Just making sure my sisters are healing safely
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:11 PM

I wouldnt use one personally. I can swallow q horse pill! I once was on 5 meds and swallowed em all at once. But i get what your saying!
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:29 PM

Keep a pillow by you at all times to protect your abdomen from the cat landing in your lap. Good for when you cough or sneeze, too (but try to ward off sneezes!! - ouch!!)

My cat also wakes me at 4ish. I got up, fed him (if necessary) and if he continued to annoy me, I just shut the bedroom door on him and went back to sleep!
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:41 PM

My cats not allowed in my room. I can only imagine if he was! But my door kinda runs on the carpet (not sure how to explain) and if it doesnt click closed he will push and paw at it till it opens. So not sure how to figure not straining with the door and keeping him out. Hmmmmm...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register