home alone post-op? think sadly so! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home alone post-op? think sadly so! home alone post-op? think sadly so!

Unread 12-28-2011, 12:46 PM
home alone post-op? think sadly so!

I read everyones replies which were comforting to the point of not having ppl flexible to help. My husband left me last year becuz he didn't want to care for smone and he wants to live life full...well friends do what they and most went w him becuz I'm a trransplant to his hmtown. My 2 cats I had to keep close to me so I didn't lose sanity. They've been extremely good and no jumping or walking on me. I feel ur sadness but find some solace thru prayer & meditation. Good luck and hang in there...u are supported & lovd by many )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Re: home alone post-op? think sadly so!

Be sure to have comfy clothing that's easy to wear. Not too many things you have to step into, get over your head, etc. Make sure you don't bend or stretch too much. I didn't wear a bra for weeks, and I need one. I have a lot of tank tops with "bra" tops, which were great.

Also, comfy underwear. It's the little things you don't think about!

Glad you're preparing well ahead of time.
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:18 PM

I recommend having lots of underwear, socks, pjs wash cloths, etc. all within non-bending reach. I love fleece/plush one size too big jammies or the same as a night gown. Make sure you have a few cases of water bottles nearby as you need to drink alot of water, whether you eat or not. Charged laptop, cell phone. make sure batteries are fresh in your tv's remote control also. Maybe some fresh bananas and apples to set nearby also, oh, and a new pack of pads, as unfortunately you will need them.

Maybe some menus and the charge card when you are ready and hungry for delivery food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 10:10 PM

If you need larger clothes, buy some men's sweats and underwear. Less binding and the band will be higher than women's.

I have to say my ballet training came in handy as instead of bending from the waist, I plied my way to the floor (knees out to the side), and used something to help back up.

Juice boxes were my best friends early on and then my husband put liquids in 16 oz water bottles so I didn't have to hoist the large bottles to pour.

The doctor will give you prescriptions for pain meds - I got Tylenol w/ codeine and Advil 800mg. The codeine didn't do anything for the pain, but the Advil worked great, but each person is different.
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:36 AM

Check, check, and check. i realized the other day putting a extension cord on the end tables will help so i can plug in my kindle, cell, etc and not reach down to a outlet. Is it odd i have a bag packed in my closet (new bigger pj's, bigger undies, tummy pillows, new package of pads, etc) all ready? I know its a month away, but i am the epitome of a planner. I just hate the waiting game! We know what needs to be done, so lets just do it already. I have comforted my impatient waiting reminding myself i have waited this long just for a appointment before. Hoping time flies!! I hate that i am all prepared, nothing left to do, but wait for the day! Gives me far to much time to think about it and worry about post op pain and such. :s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register