How many of you lied....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many of you lied....... How many of you lied.......

Unread 12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
How many of you lied.......

How many of you ladies lied to your hubby about when you were released for sex? I was reading another post and it got my attention that some were lying after they were released for intercourse due to personal fears even once the doctor said go for it. Did you lie? If its not that time yet do you intend to? I never did I was waitin on the doctors ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Re: How many of you lied.......

Counting down the days until I am cleared. That's all. :-)
Unread 12-22-2011, 07:58 AM

Nope I waited until the all clear from my dr. I was to nervous anyway. I was afraid it would hurt. After having major surgery I sure wasn't going to do anything to mess up what was just fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Not me, first lying to him would break my personal moral code, and honestly I am having to remind myself everyday that if the DR says wait, he has a good reason and I would regret it not to follow instructions. Don't much feel like waiting, even though I am a bit nervous about it being somehow different. I guess I figure however it is, it has to be better than nothing?
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:44 AM

I won't lie about it. I will let him know if I'm nervous or scared so we can take things slow. He'll be just as worried about it and I will.
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:08 AM

When we found out I was in fact going to have a hysterectomy...I "lied" to my husband and told him that they sew up the vagina. =)

He...knowing nothing about the procedure...was like...what? really? um..okay...then finally "no way!!" =)

He finally realized I was kidding...but it was fun to see his reaction.

I haven't since lied to him...we have such a relationship that our intimacy is far more than just sex...so we are not counting down the days yet...well I am not...yet.
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:54 PM

No, I don't think I'd lie. It would be kind of hard anyways because he goes to all of the doctor's appointments and even had side conversations with my doctor while in the hospital. I have to say he's asked some good questions. I think he is just as eager and nervous about sex again as I am. When the time comes, we'll just take things slow.
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:12 AM

I think it is best to just be honest. If you aren't ready yet, are still hurting, or whatever, just tell him that and tell him why.

That being said, don't forget that husbands have needs too. Those needs are just as important as your need to wait for sex until you are ready. I'm sure that if you & your husband work together, you can find a way to help him feel satisfied,wanted, and loved and make the 'waiting' easier on both of you.
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:33 PM

If I had too, even though lying goes against my beliefs, I would, but I will be honest and tell him also I am so not ready, and when I am, I'll def need a bottle of wine, but I'm lucky he travels, so we rarely do it anyway. I 'm so scared about no cervix sex, and it hurting-I mean, sex before he always was hitting something internally anyway,but I'm terrified at what I will feel.

I really wish there was more for making our men understand this all for us. I got the book on here, but it's still not enough in my opinion.
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:47 PM

Heck no!!! I am 6 weeks post op and I couldnt wait til my doctor gave me the okay...yes, I was a lil apprehensive...however, with patience it all works out well!! Enjoy!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register