Learned something new about keeping vs removing cervix - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Learned something new about keeping vs removing cervix Learned something new about keeping vs removing cervix

Unread 12-30-2001, 06:44 AM
Learned something new about keeping vs removing cervix

Hi Ladies,
I had mine taken out. It was healthy with no abnormal paps. But like Charity, mine was thick and elongated. I figured if worse comes to worse, hubby will have more room without the cervix in the way. I'm only at 10 days post so I'll have to wait and see what it will be like. I also had a large tumor that was very close to the cervix. This helped make my decision. Since the cervix is actualy part of the uterus, I didn't want any chances of regrowth in tumors.Well good luck to you and it really is a personal decision.
God Bless,
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2001, 07:31 AM

Just had to add my 2 cents worth. Intercourse has been the same for dh and I without the cervix.

Sherry
Unread 12-30-2001, 09:48 AM

I asked about keeping my cervix, too. I had read that it might affect sex. I was told that the cervix does not affect orgasm. However, I was also told that some women have pleasurable uterine contractions during an orgasm. I am one of those women and, of course, I will lose that type of orgasm. It makes me feel sad, but the clitoral-stimulated orgasm will have to be IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2001, 02:05 PM
cervics oe no cerivics

I have been wondering about the cervics too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know when I had intercourse it hurt when I had deep penetration, and my gyn always said I had a short vagina(???!!!) : My twin had a tah with the cervics removed and she said if it wasn't removed, you would have a "spotting" every month! Well I thought, if I am going to a a hysterectomy, I don't wont to bleed at all. Plus, 2 yrs ago I had a colcoscopy,(precancerous cells), I told my my doctor, If I have a hysterectomy, I didn't want to see one drop of blood after the proceedure healed I haven't had my peop with my Dr. yet, but when I do, I am going to ask him to stretch and peep at everything, while he is in there* Even though I am a nurse, my speciality has been geriatrics for years, and soon as the hears that he supposes you understand everything, and I don't So when I do go for the preop date I will have questions written down and if I don't get any answers, well let's put it this way...... I will find someone who will answer the questions before I go under All my pray's and love go out to all, who are close to there date!!!!!!!!!!:: Sincerely, Karan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register