Scheduled TAH Getting Really Frustrated (3Wks To Go) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Really Frustrated (3Wks To Go) Getting Really Frustrated (3Wks To Go)

Unread 12-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Re: Getting Really Frustrated (3Wks To Go)

Here is some information on alternatives to a hysterectomy. And second (or third) opinions are not bad to obtain. Here also is some general pre-op articles you might find useful.

Keep in mind you need to make the right decision for you and your health overall. I know this is overwhelming, but we are here for you and to support you in whatever decision you make. Review what the doctors say, ask a lot of questions, talk about long term issues with your health, your current quality of life, etc.

Good luck to you.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2011, 11:20 AM

stillverynew it sounds like you and I have allot of the same issues and questions. I just made an appointment to get a second opinion on the possibility of taking Lupron to try and shrink my fibroids before having my TAH. Keep researching and never fear asking questions. All to often us ladies are taught to just say yes sir or ma'am.
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:45 AM

Kayla V. thanks I agree with you. I have had a few more issues pop up, so I called Mr Dr. This morning.. The part that is killing me is that they keep saying you will feel great after surgery and after you heal.. Well I have to wait 2 months for the surgery and then months of recovery. So , unfortun. that is not making me feel great right now.I would like to get started on the healing process as fast as possible..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 07:10 AM

The thought of a large abdominal (bikini line) incision scares to me death, when I'm in the 1 week out of the month that my cycle is pain free, during the other 3 weeks of my cycle that cause huge amounts of abdominal swelling, pain and the inability to move my bowels I think I would be willing to do just about anything to get rid of the pain. I'm gritting my teeth right now with the "bad" part of my cycle just ramping up again, but I am trying to remember how important I think it is for me to get a second opinion from a DR. that has more modern training than the first DR. I saw.

I will be thinking of you Stillverynew, and I will send you thoughts of health and comfort. Please feel free to private message me if you'd like. (I'll try to figure out how to work that. I'm still very new too. lol)
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM

Hey ladies.. Okay, I have had some changes that i am sort of upset about. I actually don't know how to feel. So, I guess that is why I am posting here. I had my MRI which the Dr. was using to "rule out" cancer. Leiomyosarcoma to be exact.. Turns out, that didn't happen she said that my tumor is now 13 cm instead of 10 and that I have a small amount of free fluid in my pelvis. My pap says abnormal and apparently there is blood supply to the mass. She has changed my surgery to an abdominal Hysterectomy now, because of the chance of cancer. She said its the best way to take it out of I had cancer.
She still wants to do surgery Feb 23rd. because the Navy hospital is booked up between now and then. My husband asked her IF IT IS cancer, is it possible that it could spread or get worse in the next month. She assured him that, that wasnt going to happen. CALL ME CRAZY but, I am not assured by any of those answers. I am not reassured by dr's telling me it might not be cancer. OR that even if it was cancer it wont get worse between now and then. I dont want to live with this for another month and a half just wondering.
Am I crazy????
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:15 PM

Oh, sweetie. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I would want to press for surgery too. Can you be seen by a gyn onc surgeon? I would personally want someone with that specialty to do the surgery. (That is who did mine, as I had a cancer concern too.) I do not know how the military works, but can you get to another hospital? Many positive hystersister thoughts being sent your way right now.

Super Gentle (((Hugs)))
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:29 PM

Thanks super gently. I am going to ask to.orrow for sure..
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:53 PM

I know exactly how you feel, my original doctor retired in Dec. and I am working with a new doctor and we have not set a date yet.
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM

stillverynew - Let us know what happened at your appointment.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:04 AM

I realize that many people on this board have had serious cancer issues. A hysterectomy is major surgery, and in the past it was normal to assume that it was an essential, lifesaving decision. But I, for one, am not alarmed at the growing frequency of hysterectomies. I believe that PREVENTATIVE measures are a very valuable choice, which is why I had mine last month.

The word "cancer" came up in every doctor appointment I have had for the last year, but always with emphasis on acting BEFORE it became a reality. Except for the presence of benign polyps and fibroids, there was no reason to worry about cancer until biopsies taken last October showed changes. Even then, the doctor's first proclamation was "You DON'T HAVE cancer!" ... but she gave me copies of the reports and urged me to get a second opinion right away, which I did. She said that if I decided to go forward, we could schedule the surgery in a few weeks.

I showed my GP and he agreed with her. My surgery was exactly 2 months from the day the doctor did that biopsy. The pathology report showed six different potential problems in my cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries, but no cancer. Whew!

Based on my doctor, I suspect I could have waited a few more months without a serious risk, but why would I? The timing felt right and even with my anxieties (this was my first surgery of any kind) I am so glad I did it when I did it.
Please have faith that you and your doctor are acting at the right time for you, too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register