So annoyed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:20 AM
So annoyed!

Heyas
(this is just a rant - sorry but I need to vent!)

Had a phone call today from Gynae Oncology at the hospital and they're re-scheduling the op for the 2nd time. So this is the 3rd time I've had to ask work to re-arrange things to accommodate me being out of the office etc. The dates they've been changing have all been in the same month which seems to make it more irritating. Work are being very kind about it seeing as I've already had cancer and they understand this is all about reducing risk etc but I'm so frustrated! I need the job and don't want to <oops! please don't override the website censor> them off too much, but at the same time want the surgery as my chances of re-occurance are very high (oncoscore and family history). I'm 37 and don't think they get that I need to work!

I appreciate that they wouldn't reschedule if they had the staff and beds etc, but this surgery was recommended to me to be done (not something I would have chosen, as if anyone would) and now I'll have to reschedule a bunch of scans my oncologist ordered again (bone scans; not overly dramatic or exciting but it's ringing the dept back again and asking them to move the date).

So I'm torn between being so very grateful I can get treatment and raging that I keep being moved about. (Tamoxifen has made me an emotional ranting wreck so I guess that explains some of it)

Thanks for listening and I'm off to see how much chocolate I can scoff in one sitting

peace 'n love

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Re: So annoyed!

Hang in there...Prayers and happy thoughts being sent your way.
Unread 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM

Third time's a charm? I sure hope so, for your sake. Take care and don't forget to breathe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2011, 08:58 PM

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I am sure it is very, very frustrating. But, your work sound understanding, and it is really our of your control.

Hang in there. Hopefully this new date will be the one.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:06 AM

I understand the frustration, its not so bad for me as a home maker, but my husband has had to re scheduled days off at work three times now. And at the moment we don't even know when to ask for the next days off. lol
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:31 AM

Hopefully this time will be the charm. I know how tough it can be when you have to worry about your job. It does sound like they are being very understanding. Sending good thoughts that this is the time they do it.
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:46 AM

thanks for the replies
I've calmed down and am going to try not to let this wind me up; I will be relaxed and ready for this!
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM

Blondedoris I keep telling myself the same thing. (not sure its working, lol) I keep swinging between fear and happy that its delayed. At least I have a little more time to make sure everything is as well prepared for recover time as it can be.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register