Surgery fear it is really going to happen - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery fear it is  really going to happen Surgery fear it is really going to happen

Unread 12-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Surgery fear it is really going to happen

Hello everyone,I am new to this site.I ak also terrified I am having a hysterectomy due to fibroids which caused excessive bleeding.I am not sure yet what procedure they will do I am getting clearence so I will know soon when my surgery will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Re: Surgery fear it is really going to happen

The waiting is so much worse than reality. I know, I didn't really believe it either but it is true.
Unread 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows Song View Post
Something else I am doing is adopting a rescue dog, scheduled to arrive two weeks after my surgery. This was something we had been planning on prior to all this but the timing has worked out to be such a blessing. It gives me a sweet anticipation and when I am in the hospital with all the new mamas, I can remember my fur-baby waiting for me.
I would be very cautious on this. Only two weeks after surgery does not leave much time to fully heal. Remember, you will have hundreds of internal stitches. Even taking the dog for a walk may be problematic if he or she pulls on the leash. Do you have help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM

Sorry, I should have clarified about the dog! My dh and ds take care of our pets and are home full-time. He is already potty trained and is a very gentle boy but I completely agree about not putting myself in any position to have to physically handle him or worry about getting jumped on, etc.
Unread 12-25-2011, 01:33 AM

Hi there!
You have come to the right place for support and reassurance. I felt very similar anxiety just days before surgery yet I kept telling myself..."you have waited so long just to feel better!". What helped me was knowing the many symptoms I had experienced for years were no longer going to keep me from living my life as a "healthier" person. I spent so many years complaining, explaining why I didn't feel well to co-workers, going to doctors, having numerous ultrasounds and biopsies and just never feeling like anyone was able to relate to how awful I was really feeling. So I made a BIG decision and just embraced it. On my hospital bed ready to go into surgery, I was nervous but surprisingly got caught up in the moment with tears of joy! Joy that my new way of life was on it's way! You will be just fine! Good luck and keep coming back to HysterSisters for support as you heal.
Happy Holidays!
Unread 12-25-2011, 10:20 PM

Hello everyone, it's wonderful to read and feel the support you guys give to one another. What suggestions would you give me when it comes to asking my surgeon questions.I have some in mind but what advice would you give.
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Here is some pre-op information for you, including a list of questions.

(((Hugs))) to you..
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Surgery fear it is really going to happen

Thank you so much for the information.This whole process is overwhelming,but knowing the right questions to ask helps a lot.I'll be glad when its all over with.
Unread 12-26-2011, 10:00 PM

It is extremely overwhelming. I remember feeling like the world was spinning out of control, and feeling like there was about 15 feet of water over my head.

Be sure to write down your questions, and if you can bring someone with you - family member or friend - so that two of you can listen to what the doc has to say. That way between the two of you you can get the story mostly straight.

Good luck to you.

Unread 12-26-2011, 10:54 PM

I'm new here too. Reading & reading....but i keep wanting to hit the "like" button. All of you ladies are amazing! Wish i had found this site months ago. Thoughts & prayers are with you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register