Internal check-up ~ so scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Internal check-up ~ so scared! Internal check-up ~ so scared!

Unread 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Internal check-up ~ so scared!

I am in my 5th week since my total abdominal hysterectomy with extremely large fiborid. I have had no bleeding no spotting nothing due to have my ck up in jan any one know what to expect with the internal ck im soooo scared!!! let me know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Re: NO bleeding?

Hi Miss Diva, no need to be scared! I had my surgery NoV 14 so on Monday it will be 6 weeks. I had a 2 wk post op checkup. Doc did an internal exam and said the sutures looked great. Now they are dissolving and to be quite honest it has been a bit uncomfortable but not unbearable.I have been taking aspirin altho tonite I took an oxy. Low tolerance. So believe me you can do this!
Unread 12-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Re: Internal check-up ~ so scared!

oh, I feel the same way as you! I just had post op#1 today and was told at post op #2 in 5 more weeks I will get an internal and I am VERY Scared also!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2011, 07:16 AM

I had tah/bso on 11-4. At my 4 wk post op my dr did an internal exam. I was a little nervous but not overly so. My dr is so kind and gentle and it didn't hurt a bit! You can do this!!
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:39 AM

I'm with clynn- no need to be scared. In retrospect, I was nervous too, but you can do this! In fact, if you relax, and breathe deeply, it would probably be an easier exam, because you wouldn't be tensing your muscles as much..
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:28 AM

My doc had to do a 'light' internal check at 13 days post-op and it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be, although it did create some light spotting. She normally doesn't do this but had some cuff concerns, thankfully that was fine but I did have a lot of inflammation.
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:01 AM

My doc did an internal exam at 12 days post op. It did hurt and the nurse held my hand but that was because I had vaginal repairs done and I had skin breakdowns.
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Don't worry, just relax. I had an internal at 6 days post op and it wasn't as bad as I expected. It was nothing compared to the way my yearly well women check used to be. I wouldn't say it was painful, just uncomfortable and I had a little pink discharge afterward, but no bleeding. It will be ok
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:34 PM

Try not to stress. I had 3 post op checks before I reached 8 weeks. It's not so bad. It's sore but not painful. And the docs seem to be extra careful so not to hurt us post op gals.
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:14 PM

I went in for my two week checkup and almost ran away when they said the doc would do an internal exam - it was fine - I was happily relieved but I'll admit that I will still be nervous when I go back for the six week checkup.

I hope you find it was not as bad as you prepared yourself for! I agree the docs are extra careful and gentle with us post op gals - we've been through alot already!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register