My Experience - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Experience My Experience

Unread 12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Re: My Experience

Ouch csr480. I have Endometreosis so it also attaches things together.... It's a pesty little disease, that caused me much grief in my early 20's, and has seemed to come back in my forties, causing a prolapsed uterus.
To Stratty and Whirlgig : I will do exactly what you said. All of your info has HELPED me so much from day one and I am so grateful for your advice. I have my 2 week check up and just found out from a recording that he will not be there. I have yet another doctor or nurse in his office... I'm guessing he is still away on Holiday !!! At this point I am glad I am even seeing anybody so I can find out exactly what happened during surgery. All I know is what he told my husband... Operation went well, she didn't lose alot of blood and I have 1 ovary. Atleast that is all my husband remembers. haha He was a bit stressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 02:39 PM

Today I am doing pretty Bad.... I was doing well!!!.... but then I got some kind of attack under my right rib again ..... which I have complained about before.... Most people are saying gas...but after investigating on-line - Could I be having Gall Bladder attacks ?????? Does hysterectomy and gall bladder issues often happen ??? Does anybody know ??? I was fine today ... felling so much better and all of a sudden that pain came back !!! Under the right rib....... After surgery I complained to the nurses and doctor on call for my doctor and they both said this was not a common complaint of post hysterectomy ??????
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:21 PM

lisapal,
Have you been for many car rides yet? I have found that even on week 4 that a ride in the car seems to move the gas around alot. I have some pain under my right ribs also but I am assuming that it is trapped gas, I had my gallbladder removed in 2003. Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:03 PM

Thank you Diana.... Maybe it is gas and Yes I actually went to the food store yesterday with my husband to get turkey dinner for New Years Day..... I felt Great Yesterday..... I even had less pain during my bowl movement today because I followed the advice of all the hystersisters .... After cooking the whole Dinner I just got struck with that huge pain under the right rib... and like a spasm feeling. Paralyzed me for like 2 hours and now I just have like sore feeling in that spot. Maybe I am not giving myself time to heal...... I guess I just never realized how hard this surgery was going to be. I had Neck Surgery 2 years ago and didn't experience pain like this. Strange I guess
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:19 PM

i hope you feel better soon.i am glad i'll never have to repeat weeks#1-2 or even 3.every week seems to be something else.this is a very hateful recovery especially when you go back to work.
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:39 PM

I had my total abdominal hysterectomy on December 15th and am recovering nicely, but also had some gas pain problems especially while in my 4 day hospital stay b/c I could not release any gas. My doctor told me to get Myralex and it worked great, but walking is what saw me through and is still seeing me through. I have only had to take 2 1/2 pain pills since I got home and am now taking 3 ibuprofens if I get sore (based on what my hospital nurse told me) - I do have a small part of my incision that has come apart and is open - the only thing I can do is let it heal from the inside out and sometimes that hurts but nothing major. I am all ready able to sleep on both sides, but not sure if having a previous C-section might be what has helped me recover a little faster than others. I slept in the recliner for the first few nights home and stayed there a bunch during the day. Make sure to give yourself plenty of down time but also a good bit of walking time each day. Take care and hope you are back to 100% soon!
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM

I don't know why some people have it easier then others... maybe the circumstances or the education of the situation. I have serve Endometreosis so maybe the scraping is more irritating... or maybe its the circumstances around why you needed a hysterectomy in the first place. But one thing I am grateful for is this site !! Everybody on here has helped me more then I could imagine. You were here in my RECOVERY! In pain at 3 am I knew I could come here and search for information and speak to actual people for HELP! It was my savoir !!! I go tomorrow for my 2 week check-up. My doctor is still away for the Holiday but maybe I will finally find out what happened during surgery. All I ever had was what they told my husband. "It went well. She didn't lose alot of blood. and she has 1 Ovary left." and that is coming from my husband who was a nervous wreck. haha I have also been listening to all my Hystersisters about gas, my bowl movement and walking. This morning my bowl movement was still very PAINFUL but it is getting better everyday.
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:26 AM

Having Endometrosis also makes me a LIFE TIME supporter to this site !!!
Unread 01-02-2012, 04:22 PM

i wished i had found site before surgery instead of a week later.i thought having TAH would get rid of endo and dr.is confident its gone.i hope he's right.so far i am just hoping all pains of mine are just recovery pains and not endo returning.dr. said i would take longer to heal cause of omendectomy also.but i am grateful for all the tips and strength i found cause of all sisters on site.
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Christinatas - I have been reading alot about Endometreosis and there seems to be no real fix for it. I battled it in my early 20's and was told I would never have children yet I had my miracle at age 26 yrs old and back then they told me pregnancy sometimes reverses the endo. After I had my daughter I felt amazing ! I guess the excitement of having her made me think endo was gone. I used to actually tell people I had endo when was I was younger but since I had my daughter I had NEVER had another problem with it. To my surprise at age 43 yrs old I woke up one morning and and my uterus had prolapsed. The doctors said the endo attacked my liagments and the ending result was a prolapsed uterus. Upon learning this I started to see what new information they had on Endo. To my surprise it seems not much has changed in 20 YEARS! They still don't know why ???? They have no real answers to anything. I will tell you I have read that a hysterectomy will not cure it. It could still become an issue. I was shocked...... I am going to the doctor today and I will ask all these questions but to tell you the truth I don't believe there are any real answers. Its all so disappointing !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register