Ibuprofen 4 weeks post op - Normal?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ibuprofen 4 weeks post op - Normal?? Ibuprofen 4 weeks post op - Normal??

Unread 12-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Ibuprofen 4 weeks post op - Normal??

I'm surprised I'm still having to take 600 mg Ibu every 6 hours for my crampy pain. I had a Da Vinci on Dec. 6. I thought I'd be done with pain meds by now. I also get a pinkish discharge when I'm doing too much. And also feel the need to lie down a lot, and I walk pretty slowly.
Is all that normal? WHEN am I gonna feel GOOD again?
I'm SO thankful for this site and all my hystersisters! Don't know what I would have done without all your kind and informative responses to my posts.
Chrisanne in MN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Re: Ibuprofen 4 weeks post op - Normal??

Hiya Chrisanne,
I can't speak for everyone but I can tell you that I am at 6 weeks and it's only since the middle of last week that I wasn't taking ibuprofen every 6 hours. If I tried to ween off of it or take it less often, I was miserable with pressure I was completely out of the Motrin 800's prescribed by my doctor and was taking OTC 200's.
I was worried about the discharge as well. My doctor told me (more than once) that it was my body telling me to SLOW down!! I would get it even when I didn't feel like I was doing anything but laying around.
By week 5 for me, I noticed improvement every single day. Today I am much better than yesterday. Before week 5, I only knew that I was better than the week before.
Remember we've had MAJOR surgery, it's normal to not feel 100% in a short period of time. Also, it's good to remember that everyone heals at their own rate.
Every time I would get discouraged, I too would navigate to this site, all be reminded that I'm not alone!!
*Gentle hugs* and healing thoughts headed your way!
-Sue
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:31 AM

Thank you so much, Sue. I feel better reading your post. I was worried I had done something (lifted something) and messed myself up. Wow, this is taking longer than I thought it would...I was expecting to feel great in 2 weeks. Boo hoo I guess I need to shift my thinking! I do have this week to REST, so I'm gonna FORCE myself to take it easy.
Bless you!
Chrisanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2011, 10:31 AM

I am glad I was able to help, and I know exactly what you mean!!! My doctor said that my recovery from the DvH would be about the same as my gallbladder surgery--HA! I was fine within about 5 days from that surgery, this one has kicked my unsuspecting butt!
Day by day it's better though, be patient (I know how hard it is to be patient when all you want to do is sit or stand for 5 minutes without pain or worry)
-Sue
Unread 12-26-2011, 12:45 PM

I'm scared to return to work in apx 5 weeks. I think there is too much talk of davinci being such a breeze, such a quick recovery. I am finding it to be yes, a great method better than a bikini cut by far (I've had that before) but that is it-like previously said by someone-we had the exact same stuff done internally.
Unread 12-26-2011, 03:36 PM

I had my surgery on Dec 5th. I also have still been taking Ibuprofen as needed(pressure) but I am starting to spot alittle. I thought it was from the stitches and also my doc told me to expect it as it is part of the healing process. Is it? Now reading others reply's I'm thinking differently am I doing too much too fast. Because I feel pretty good except for those 2 things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register