Day five still wishing for death - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day five still wishing for death Day five still wishing for death

Unread 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Re: Day five still wishing for death

Yes...never second guess yourself. I am so sorry you are having a time with your nurse. And I am also sorry to read about so many here having trouble obtaining pain meds. It is ridiculous what people have to through because of people who choose to abuse drugs. I would think however, that after surgery, it would be a given that you are going to need pain medication. I hope you get to feeling better and Happy Birthday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Happy Birthday! I sure am glad to hear that you're feeling better, the wooziness will go away
Unread 12-27-2011, 05:41 PM

You guys are making me cry with your kindness.

I am tired and sore and quite achey from all the vomiting but all in all I feel like HEAVEN after the last five days. I would like to forget them entirely, but I also never want to forget my amazing husband's actions. After all these years he certainly still love me. Makes me cry just thinking of that.

Or I might need to get back on the estrogen stat! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM

Kay_Rock.....any updates? Did you go to the ER? How are you doing?
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:53 PM

go back to the hospital.
you could have an infection, internally.
I had an abdominal surgery in 2006 that almost killed me had I not gone in and gotten the infection trapped out. They had to wick me. It was not good but the pain was gone immediately.
You are not a problem you are a patient!
Take control and be your own advocate!
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:08 PM

Has the doc seen you since this began. If you haven't been checked out, please see your doc. I started getting really sick about one month post op with pain increasing. I kept getting blown off but I just pushed back. Turned out I had to be in the hospital for one week. It wasn't getting better and having to push on them was a pain. Thank goodness my mom pushed for me and got me the help I needed. And sometimes you can get other problems which I did. I have learned to be pushy and get the things I needed. Sending hugs
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:15 PM

I agree with the other sisters. Seek medical help. The same thing happened to me - I am 8 days post op LAVH and bladder sling - I didn't eat for 5 days except a few crackers to keep the pain meds down. I passed out Christmas day and ended up back in the hospital for 2 1/2 days. I had not had a BM either and was lucky I went in when I did. Please go to the ER if you are not comfortable with your doctor.
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:47 AM

How are you feeling today, Kay? I'm hoping the pills are still working and that you're feeling much better.
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:18 AM

I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. Sending lots of hugs
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Adding my hope that you're still feeling much better and getting good .

I remember that awful sluggishness after surgery. It takes some time for the anesthesia to work its way out, and until then all, ahem, "systems" work a little slower, as you have already discovered.

I'm glad our posts are "silent" so you can continue to rest and read them at your leisure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register