Please put your 2 cents in.. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please put your 2 cents in.. Please put your 2 cents in..

Unread 12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Re: Please put your 2 cents in..

Quote:
There is tons of information regarding using progesterone without estrogen (especially for those with sensitivity to environmental estrogens, endometriosis issues, dysplasia issues, estrogen dominance issues leading to cancer).
Yes, there is... but much of it is on commercial websites promoting progesterone products, and most, if not all, of it applies to women who still have ovaries, whether they be pre-, peri- or postmenopausal; the information may not apply to women who have had a BSO.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2012, 07:00 AM

Linda
Can you recommend any books or websites that do just apply to women who have had a hysterectomy and/or BSO?
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM

THIS website - the No Ovaries - No Hormones and No Ovaries - Yes Hormones forums - applies to women who have had a hysterectomy and BSO. I am not aware of any books written specifically for women post hysterectomy/BSO in which you can find any information that isn't here somewhere and can't be found with a little searching - but you haven't had a BSO, right?

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 07:51 AM

Linda
No... I have one ovary but what good it does is questionable! lol I was just wondering if there was such a book. I'm always looking for more info on surgical menopause because there seems to be so much confusion out there. Thanks and I agree this site is a great resource!!
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Hi there I am 5 weeks post op, they just put me on premarin, I hear bad and good on all,makes you feel like screaming. what do you do.. I just want to let you know I did effexor for 4 years not for menapause but for depression, it works great for depression and I heard its great for menapause the only draw back that I had and that is very common with effexor is that it creates trouble with your libido,either you have a very hard time or you feel numb so you cant , research it, but that is on the list for problems with this medicine so if you are enjoying sex be leary it will defienatly frustrate you in that area, thats why I went off it. hope this helps any.Julie
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:34 AM

Hi,,,did you get cancer after using hormones? I'm still on biest 50\50 I will stay on that for 4 weeks and she might go up in dose. I must say I feel better now than before my hysterectomy ,,,,I want progestrone and testosterone in the long run. Having a blood clotting disorder is very worrisome though. When did you have your surgery? So your just taking progestrone right? In pill form or cream?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register