surgery thursday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery thursday surgery thursday

Unread 12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
surgery thursday

Well my surgery is the 29th .I wasn't really nervous until now as I am getting last minute things done laundry dishes bills and still forgot some things that will have to wait until tommorow..then in the afternoon I get to do the lovely bowel prep.....I feel like I am forgetting a million things my mind is going in all directions..not only am I worried about myself nut my husband and children....I don't like when other people worry about me especially my children they are 9 and 13 and want to be at the hospital but I would rather them not because they need to enjoy being on their Christmas vacation. Also worried about recovery and how long I will be in pain.....sorry for venting when I talk to my husband I feel his only concerns are about sex yes I know that is a concern but its the only thing he talks about..........again sorry for rambling I just needed to let it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Re: surgery thursday

Good luck with your surgery on Thursday. You will do great. This time before surgery is really the hardest. Before you know it you'll be waking up at the hospital and thinking "that wasn't so bad". The pain wasn't as bad as I anticipated but for me it lasted longer than I thought. We all heal so differently. Husbands are interesting. I'm sure he's very concerned about you. But he has his own fears of the unknowns with hysterectomy I think, just like we do. One of my main concerns was post op sex. It's reasonable for him to wonder what it will be like. It does get pretty much back to normal but it does take some time. I am 5+ months post op and we're still working on getting there. Patience, communication and trust are key. You didn't mention why you're having surgery, but I've seen many women posting who have had problems with heavy or constant bleeding or pain during sex and most of them seem to say its better post op. Maybe a discussion with him validating his concerns but letting him know it's one step at a time. You're on step 1 and he's already concentrating on step 8. I would consider letting your kids have a short visit with you while you're in hospital. They will enjoy their vacation more once they see that Mom is doing fine. But you know best, you're their mom :-)
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:16 AM

I was running the vacuum before I walked out the door the morning of my surgery.... funny we all seem to do the same thing with that nervous energy.
Truly, gas is by far the most painful after effect.... take the dulcolax and the gas x ... dont be a hero about the pain pills and take them on schedule, drink plenty of water, walk as much as you can and rest when your body needs to. We have all lived with pain for so long, I think you are going to be surprised by how tolerable this is.
Thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you on the post op boards <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 08:47 AM

It's amazing how families adjust to mom needing rest. Grant it, my kids are older (20 and 21) but they did stand up to the challenge. With the challenge being pick up your things. I think the hardest part for me was letting them do all the work. Be sure to get your rest, this is our only time to heal. Besides I'm kind of liking this now. 2 weeks post-opt and feeling great with no meds besides the occasional Motrin. My goal today is to see how many episodes of my favorite show I can watch today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register