Surgery Tomorrow....yikes! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Tomorrow....yikes! Surgery Tomorrow....yikes!

Unread 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Re: Surgery Tomorrow....yikes!

[quote=AZSunTini;3652357]Hi Simplicity2011 -

I am 5 days post-op today. Doing pretty good actually (don't tell DH and DD) My biggest struggle has been how tired I am, if I didn't know better, I would think I am narcoleptic..LOL! Barely taking my pain meds (just at bed time) not even taken ibuprofen. I wish there was more I could do, taking down Christmas tree, decorations and lights... I guess I am a bit of a control freak, it's hard to let go. Also my floors need vaccumed badly (2 dogs - boxer and black lab). Oh well, I just keep telling myself that it is ok to be lazy, in fact it is exactly what the Dr. ordered. I am thinking of going for a short walk later today. It is nearly 80 degress outside (it's January!). I think the fresh air will feel great! I can definitely relate to you with the vac. cleaning. I had my op on the 1st Dcember and today I decided enough was enough, the vac had to come out. We have a long haired white cat a and a little indoor dog and I was starting to have trouble seeing over all the fluff on the floor. My hubby kept telling me how our cat had calmed down in the past few weeks and I felt like saying 'yes, that is because she hasn't seen a vac in all that time'...sheesh. Done now and I can relax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSunTini View Post
Hi Simplicity2011 -

I am 5 days post-op today. Doing pretty good actually (don't tell DH and DD) My biggest struggle has been how tired I am, if I didn't know better, I would think I am narcoleptic..LOL! Barely taking my pain meds (just at bed time) not even taken ibuprofen. I wish there was more I could do, taking down Christmas tree, decorations and lights... I guess I am a bit of a control freak, it's hard to let go. Also my floors need vaccumed badly (2 dogs - boxer and black lab). Oh well, I just keep telling myself that it is ok to be lazy, in fact it is exactly what the Dr. ordered. I am thinking of going for a short walk later today. It is nearly 80 degress outside (it's January!). I think the fresh air will feel great!

I haven't had any outbursts since surgery, although I have been a bit weepy here and there. I still don't think that the magnatude of what my body has endured has fully processed yet. I am still counting on an outburst in my near future.

Glad to hear you are doing well yourself. I wish you continued health and recovery.
Being weepy is very normal - you are right, your body has been through so much. And the extreme fatigue is also normal - both of these took me by surprise when I was where you are now. BUT, I will say to you and !! My rugs did not get vacuumed for 8 weeks - they were black with fur from my three black cats. These are unimportant things - the most important item on your agenda is to rest, rest, rest. You only get one chance to heal right. And you are right, this will take time to process fully.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:34 PM

I'm so happy to hear that you're recovering so well! I understand being a bit of a control freak. lol I had my older kids vacuuming and mopping today. hehe They go back to school tomorrow and I'll be home alone, that's going to be difficult... there is so much I want to do, but I'm making myself take it easy. I'm only doing the pain meds at bedtime too, I don't like feeling loopy. lol I'm jealous that it's 80 degrees where you are! I'm in North Florida, and up until yesterday we were having beautiful warm weather too. A cold front came in and now it's in the 50's. boooo! I'd love to go for a walk, I may take a walk around the cul-de-sac. hehe

Keep up the good work, lady... rest while you can! I hope that you continue to heal well! Take care!

~Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 06:25 PM

I'm having my last period before surgery and after 35 years of HELL I'll be glad never to have to worry about it anymore! I'm so grateful for this website and the women on it!
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbied1964 View Post
I'm having my last period before surgery and after 35 years of HELL I'll be glad never to have to worry about it anymore! I'm so grateful for this website and the women on it!
All the very best to you, you will feel fantastic afterwards. I still can't believe that I will never ever have a period again, it is just too good to be true and has ruled my life for the past 35 years also. Look towards the end result and you will be great..
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM

AZSunTini Im so glad to hear that you are doing good after your surgery. Mine is in 2 days and I'm a bit nervous. I'm not looking forward to the bowl prep tomorrow but its got to be done. See you in a few days on the other side. Keep resting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register