Scheduled dVH/RALH What IF.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
What IF....

Anyone else paranoid that they are going to find more problems once they are in there? I know I'm probably working myself up for nothing, but I can't stop thinking about the "what if's".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Re: What IF....

I have those thoughts too ~ so has my DH. Hoping they are just silly bcuz how could I possibly suffer anymore... Right??

I have several girlfriends who have told me they feel better than they ever did & don't know why they ever waited so long- that will keep me going bcuz we deserve to feel better... It's about time!

I too am having mine today via Da Vincci- wishing you a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!

Gentle Hugs,
Almost a Princess - Holly
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:37 AM

Yes.... "what if'd" myself into months of insomnia... obsessive thoughts... and used Web MD to the point I was certain I had every disease ever created. As it turned out, Im not that special and it was just fibroids, lol. Dont borrow tomorrows troubles my friend. Concentrate on what you can control, and leave the rest....Oh and stay away from Web MD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm driving my family nuts, cause I can't stop talking about it.

My da vinci sugery is 1/5. Seems the last few days it's all I can think about. The holidays have kept my mind off of it somewhat.

I'm so thankful I found this site. I thought I'd be able to back to work after a week, after reading here...I don't think that's going to happen.
(Sorry to ramble)

Wishing you a smookth surgery & recovery as well!
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:57 AM

I thought Id go back to my business after two weeks.... today is day nine and a poop and a shower is a successful day
What Im feeling is basically weakness in my core... achy and the sutures (which come out tomorrow) itch. I tire easily. I only take an ibuprofen at night. I stopped the percocet at day 4 or 5 I think.
This is not as bad as you think... if it was, trust me, Id tell you... anything you want to know, just ask
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Gardenangels, It's helpful to know I'm probably not going back as quickly as I thought. Work might have a rude awakening. Which type of surgery did you have?
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM

LAVH ... kept my ovaries... although from the looks of the bruising on my belly, one would think it had been performed with a garden shovel. I had a double hernia operation about ten years ago and went back to work on day 6. I dunno if its this particular procedure or my age (48), but Im still doing the grandma shuffle!
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:05 AM
What IF....

My DaVinci total hyst was 12/16. I expected to go back to work 1/2 but that's not going to happen! I didn't expect this much discomfort. I know it's only 2 weeks but I thought I'd bounce back. No pain meds. Just achy and tender. Everyone has had such different postop courses.
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Gardenangels, You've hit on part of my "what if worries" scar tissue from 3 c-sections I've had over the last 7 yrs.

Wishing you much relief in the New Year!
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Mir51,
Did your dr tell you to plan for 2 wks or longer? Mine said plan for 2 wks & we'll see how you are at 1 wk.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register