Scheduled dVH/RALH What IF.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Re: What IF....

I'm totally doing the what ifs. Its making me sick. I just keep reminding myself that this means no more pain, no more stress over severe anemia, no more worrying if this is a call to the dr event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM

I did the "what if's" like crazy! It didn't help that I really wanted to keep my ovaries and my dr of course couldn't promise me (just in case they were problematic and needed to come out) and then after I woke in the recovery room, I asked the nurse attending me if I still had my ovaries and she looked at the computer and said "I don't think so, it says "Total""...found out about an hour later (after obsessing that I must have had cancer on them or something!) that I was able to keep them! The computer just said "Total" because that was what was possible... anyway, I was so relieved that I just fell asleep for about 3 hrs after that! tomorrow will be 3 weeks and I am feeling pretty good, tired though, and darn those incision sites itch! Gold Bond powder has helped (after asking my dr. at my 2 week post op appt)
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM

also, wanted to mention that just like gardenangels, I am 48 and thought I'd bounce back faster....and I totally laughed that the shovel reference, I had a lot of bruising too! It's gone now, but still some swelling, and I'm doing the grandma shuffle still a bit, but mostly because I don't feel like I want the impact of rougher stepping yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM

I wish I had found this site years ago when I kept putting the surgery off. Or even months ago when they re-scheduled the surgery. I've found here in only a few days "real" info and support.
I probably wouldn't have let so much anxiety build up if I learned all of this a lot sooner.
My anemia is troublesome too. I'd have lost a lot of sleep over these "what if's", if I could stay awake.

Thanks to all of you ladies for the real info.
Unread 12-28-2011, 05:34 PM

My Da Vinci is scheduled for 1/9. I have pretty much a desk/office job. My Dr. said 2 to 4 weeks off by I am really hoping I can return at least 1/2 days in a week. I have had 2 laps for endo and recovered very quickly after those.

Good luck on 1/5!!!
Unread 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM

JenF9650, don't count on that one week, I was exhausted doing small tasks at one week. you may bounce back faster, but please take care to pamper yourself enough to heal well. I am surprised at how tired I still get after 3 weeks, energy ebbs and flows, so listen to your body.
Unread 12-28-2011, 06:08 PM

Postop check up today. 12 days post DaVinci. Although I had planned to return to work 1/2 my body says not yet. My doc said something that I think is worth sharing w my sisters. He said You have just had a major operation-just done through small incisions. Good point. I not feel as wimpy now.
Unread 12-28-2011, 06:16 PM

Good point! Do you think that some people are less sympathetic because its a "female" organ? Like, what if we had a kidney removed? Would people expect us to return to work in a week after that? Or a lung...or...well you know what I mean?
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:22 AM

TLK, we have the same surgery date. I am having da Vinci too. I have decided to postpone taking classes for spring semester, as I don't think I will be able to sit in class 12 days after surgery.

I am starting to be a bit anxious, but I know that in the long run I will be better off.
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:44 AM

I was very distressed about my return to work date... I dont work, I dont get paid... its a great motivator! As I bargained with the doctor and my husband, my doctor said, "you do realize you could herniate your vagina, dont you?" Ummmmmmmmm I could what???!!!
Trust me ladies, I looked at the pictures, and it doesnt look like fun. Just resolve yourselves to getting back to work when you can get back to work.
I didnt ask how much scar tissue was in there from my previous surgeries... I get the sutures out today. I was so doped up in the hospital, I only have bits and pieces of the entire stay. Apparently I love my husband a whole bunch and told our love story to anyone whod listen! I think they kept me comatose to shut me up

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register