So scared...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So scared...... So scared......

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM
So scared......

I am having a total abdomen hysterectomy, I would liek to thank you all for all of your posts its has helped. I had my hospital pro op yesterday and it has made it so real, that it is fast approaching. I have many fears i am a single mother however have an excellent support system, and have managed to get all my daily tasks organized, i however fear the scare tissue I may have I am not very good at not knowing what is going on how I am going to fee. I also fear being away from my daughter the four days or so I will be in hospital.
Thanks you for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Re: So scared......

Looking at the post op boards and getting a feel for what the new princesses are going through is a good indication of what youll be dealing with. I dont even remember much about the hospital... except for goofing on the respiratory nurse who thought I should be inhaling on that spirometer thing ten times an hour throughout my stay... I dont think I was even AWAKE for more than 20 minutes at a time! She was not amused with me... too bad for her and Im still breathing ... oh and the catheter blows big time.... not pain, but achy and uncomfortable.
Gas is your biggest nemesis.... dont get constipated.... take your meds on time and dont be a hero... Drink water... sleep. Realize how long youve already been in pain... you are stronger than you realize. <3
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM

I am 2 weeks TAH post-op. I too was scared to death.
I woke up with pain, but they were able to get managed right away. After transporting me to my room, and getting to my bed, I was given "the pump" for about 24 hours, and that really helped (I slept pretty good that night.) On the second day they removed the cath, and that didn't bother me at all, I hardly realized it was there. After that, I was able to get up and go potty on my own, and even took a shower that night. On the third day, I was up early, had my shower, and even had an appetite for ice cream! lol The Doctor wouldn't let me leave until I passed gas, but after that, I was up, dressed and on my way home. I highly recommend getting up and walking. That really helps with the gas. The first couple of days at home were a bit painful, but the meds really helped.
Don't worry, you will be fine.
I am trying to say on a regular schedule here at home. I now only take Ibuprophin in the morning, and I take a low dose vicoden and a stool softener at night.
I just had my two week check up, and I am so happy she gave me the go ahead for a bath on Friday!
When you are home, take it slow, don't over do, even when you feel like you can, because the next day you WILL be sore. I learned that the hard way.

Good luck! If you want to ask any questions, please do. I found a couple of women before my surgery who were wonderful and were able to answer questions that I had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM

Thankyou Ladies for your messages its answered some of my questions ..... I am really scared I have my pre op on friday and my op TAH on 6th January , I have a great boyfriend and 3 brilliant kids but I suffer from alot of other health problems so panicing about pain relief after op.

I already take morphine everyday so worried it won't get rid of the pain, Im also not looking forward to the hospital stay but after reading these posts I will get up as soon as I can and walk around and drink lots of water and then hopefully it won't be as bad as Im thinking .

Hugs

Amanda x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register